DataCamp believes the impact data analysis and data science will have over the next 20 years will be as large as the impact software engineering and computer science have had in the last 20 years. The days of learning data analysis and data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when your hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the future of data science and analytics education. DataCamp learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, millions of people from thousands of companies around the world have completed over 90 million DataCamp exercises to date!
About the Role
Product Marketing at DataCamp helps generate customer and competitive insights that inform our product strategy, and leads go-to-market for our products through positioning, messaging, and storytelling that help drive growth. Product Marketing is a cross-functional role that works closely with Product, Growth, Performance and Content Marketing, Sales, and Design.
DataCamp is looking for a creative, analytical, and collaborative product marketer. Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will define and execute the go-to-market strategy for DataCamp’s expansive online data science and analytics curriculum, including our interactive courses, career tracks, and skill tracks.
If you’re passionate about the opportunity to help define the impact that broad data fluency will have on companies and society as a whole, this role is for you.
- Define and execute marketing strategies to reach different customer segments and build new audiences
- Develop and test product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market and competitive insights, and product understanding
- Create core product content that brings our messaging and customer stories to life, and help equip Sales to use this content successfully
- Lead launches of new courses, practice exercises, DataCamp projects and learning tracks
- Create messaging and user experiences that drive engagement, product usage and retention
- Collaborate with Product, Performance Marketing, and Growth to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption
The ideal candidate
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 1-2 years of product marketing or go-to-market experience working in technology, SaaS or platform companies; edtech experience is preferred
- Experience targeting multiple customer segments, including individual users and enterprise customers
- Passionate about online education and data science
- Familiarity with Python, R,SQL, or BI tools is a plus
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Low ego to talent ratio
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options at an early stage company
- 100% of medical and dental insurance premiums paid
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats annually
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.