Join our team
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
DataCamp's engineering team consists of multiple product teams that consist of an embedded product manager, product designer, and a group of individually contributing engineers. This product team has a lot of autonomy in deciding what to work on, how to build it and when to deliver it. We aim for continuous improvement, iterative development, trust and servant leadership.
About the role
As a coach you will be a strong practitioner with skills to educate and help mature our product teams. The coach will also work with senior leadership to increase team effectiveness and optimize the application of Agile principles. You should have an extensive track record of introducing best practices, overcoming challenges and ensuring that teams have all necessary skills to make them successful.
- Train and coach teams on Agile practices, techniques, and semantics ensuring that team-related ceremonies take place and those who attend understand their purposes while teaching all to keep within the time-boxes.
- Identify and coach internal Agile champions, to remove reliance on external mentors.
- Assist in resolving organizational impediments that prevent Agile teams from completing commitments.
- Ensure Agile metrics are being tracked, monitor them for indications of potential problems, and assist teams to implement solutions to those problems.
- Assist in Agile Iteration and Release Planning
- Provide guidance on creating Agile artifacts
- Facilitate team breakout sessions with an eye on process and related best practices
The ideal candidate
- 5+ years in the use of Agile methodologies and supporting tools, including acting as Scrum Master for teams
- 3+ years of experience working with agile at scale vs scaling agile solutions such as SAFe, LeSS, Nexus (or others).
- At least 2+ years of experience in a Product Development setting
- Ability to lead, or facilitate discussions on agile best practices, workflows, and tool usage
- Has successfully coached and mentored teams on the organizational value to drive implementation success and overall adoption of best practices
- Has senior Agile Leadership skills with an ability to lead by example and challenge command and control behaviors
It's a plus if
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have successfully coached distributed teams
- You are passionate about data science and education
What's in for you
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
For this position, we are not considering remote candidates. DataCamp will provide help and budget if you relocate.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.