DataCamp believes the impact data analysis and data science will have over the next 20 years will be as large as the impact software engineering and computer science have had in the last 20 years. The days of learning data analysis and data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when your hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. DataCamp users get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, millions of people from thousands of companies around the world have completed over 150 million DataCamp exercises to date!
About the role
DataCamp is looking for a passionate and ambitious Front-end Engineer to take ownership of DataCamp’s marketing pages and applications. Reporting directly to the VP of Growth, and working closely with the rest of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to ship experiences that will be seen millions of times a month.
If you want the opportunity to take full ownership over a critical part of the DataCamp organization and believe in the importance data fluency will have on companies and society as a whole, this role is for you.
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies like React, GraphQL, and Gatsby.js to create and improve marketing pages
- Work closely with other Marketing and Growth team members to quickly iterate on and ship new ideas that will be seen millions of times a month
- Learn the ins and outs of web performance, optimizing web pages to perform almost as a quickly on an Android phone in India as they do on your MacBook Pro on the 77th floor of the Empire State Building
- Build on the work of our Design and Product Engineering teams who have a style guide and design system ready for your use
The ideal candidate
- Should have a clear understanding of standard web development processes and best practices
- Enjoys implementing portfolio worthy pixel perfect designs
- Is a strong communicator that can explain technical concepts in an understandable manner
- Must be detail oriented, self-organized and capable of tracking multiple tasks simultaneously
- Has worked on production React applications at scale
What will make you stand out
- Experience with web frameworks like Rails, Django, etc.
- Experience developing Node.js applications
- Strong understanding of web performance (or eagerness to learn more about it on the job)
- Experience with static site generators and frameworks like Gatsby.js
- Past experience working in marketing, technology education, or design
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options at an early stage company
- 100% of medical and dental insurance premiums paid
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.