DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to help us craft web applications that make it easier to build interactive DataCamp courses and/or help us improve and redefine the core learning experience. You will be part of a great team, building applications and solving technical challenges every single day!
- Help us build the best platform to learn and teach Data Science.
- Work with the latest front and backend technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Improve existing applications as well as build new applications from the ground up.
- Take ownership over several components in our microservices architecture.
- Interact closely with team members to build things that scale.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of web-development experience using technologies like ReactJS, NodeJS. Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI is a bonus.
- You have built cool stuff before.
- You can show ownership of a product or feature.
- You are able to write clean, maintainable, performant, and testable code.
- You are passionate about data science and education.
- You can work well in a team.
What's in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
For this position, we are not considering remote candidates, but we are flexible in terms of working from home. More specifically, we would like people to spend at least 3 days in the Leuven office every week. DataCamp will provide help and budget if you have to relocate.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.