DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role:
DataCamp prides itself on having the best quality data science curriculum around. The Content Quality team has the goal of making sure that statement stays true.
The Content Quality Analyst role is amazing: you get paid to complain about things! Your job is to work with our instructors – the world's top data science educators – to maintain and improve their courses and projects. The job also involves technical skills, as you write the tests that provide personalized feedback to our learners. Over the long term, you'll also help define the processes that ensure our future content is high quality.
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys education, data science and working with people, and who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists.
- Work with DataCamp instructors to improve the content of their courses and projects.
- Write automated tests in Python and R, to provide personalized feedback for students.
- Review the text and code of in-development courses to ensure they are high quality.
- Report on your discoveries in a data driven way to develop best practices and inform future content development.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has teaching or tutoring experience, either in person or online.
- Has strong technical writing skills in English
- Has 1+ years data science/statistics/machine learning experience
- Is comfortable programming in Python. R and SQL are bonuses.
- Enjoys working with other people and interacting with subject matter experts.
- Can be tactful when giving critical feedback.
- Is detail-oriented and takes pride in being a perfectionist.
- Has taken at least 3 DataCamp courses.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to build and grow your data science network by working with and learning from experts in the field
- Opportunity to join a small VC-backed company with extraordinary growth
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits
- Stock options
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.