DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We have an international team of about 100 people from diverse backgrounds. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education. We have office locations in Leuven (Belgium), New York and London.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Given the fast growth DataCamp has seen over the past years (doubling every year) we are looking to professionalize the management of our internal IT systems and processes. As DataCamp’s IT Manager you will be the first hire within the IT organization and responsible for the overall strategy and execution of IT management. If you are excited about joining a fast growing scale-up, you are familiar with the latest SaaS tools and IT trends and motivated by helping and enabling others, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
- Providing recommendations for cost-effective IT solutions that provide the organization with a competitive advantage and increased productivity
- Owning software and hardware procurement, including setting budgets, dealing with contractors and establishing vendor relationships
- Setting-up and managing the internal office network across all offices, incl. LAN and Wifi facilities
- Having the end responsibility for all security and compliance topics related to (internal) IT, for instance in light of working towards security certifications
- Administering all internally used (Saas) tools, and onboarding and offboarding DataCamp users to software and hardware as well as general user administration, including password resets, SSO tools
- Managing all workstations (mainly Mac laptops) and other hardware (e.g. video conference facilities, printers, etc...) to ensure functionality, security (setup, updates, access management, anti-virus, etc…) and troubleshooting issues
- Other ad-hoc or more structural responsibilities as needed with regards to internal IT management as the company grows
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience working in (internal) IT organization and experience with topics such as:
- Workstation hardware (ideally Mac related workstations) and software management, incl. inventory, procurement, set-up and troubleshooting
- Wireless networking and maintaining internal office networks
- Workstation backup and recovery techniques; and anti-virus protection
- Active directory administration and creating and managing users/ security groups
- Maintenance of other IT equipment (e.g. AV, screens, physical access management)
- Experience working at a modern technology company using a wide variety of latest generation SaaS solutions (e.g., Google Suite, OneLogin, Zoom, DropBox)
- (Some) experience with obtaining and working in a company with a ISO27001 or similar certifications
- Curious about how things work and fond of the latest technological development
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple initiatives
- Hands-on and self-motivated mentality: when things break, and they will, you are eager and able to fix them
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, rapidly changing business environment
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, also in a remote set-up
- Willing to travel 10-20% of the time, between all 3 offices
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A role at the center of the operations team of a fast growing SaaS scale-up
- The opportunity to fully own the IT strategy of a scale-up and making a difference by putting it in place
- A competitive and attractive compensation package
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious - we’re pretty great)