DataCamp believes the impact data analysis and data science will have over the next 20 years will be as large as the impact software engineering and computer science have had in the last 20 years. The days of learning data analysis and data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when your hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. DataCamp users get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, millions of people from thousands of companies around the world have completed over 90 million DataCamp exercises to date!
About the Role
Acquisition Marketing at DataCamp is responsible for scaling and optimizing customer acquisition efforts and revenue growth. The team’s work is cross-functional and involves close collaboration with Product Marketing, Growth, Content, Sales, and Design.
DataCamp is looking for a creative, analytical, and operationally-minded acquisition marketing leader. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Acquisition Marketing will lead the team that defines and executes the acquisition marketing strategy for DataCamp’s online learning products.
If you’re passionate about the opportunity to help shape the impact that broad data fluency will have on companies and society as a whole, this role is for you.
- Acquisition and demand generation. Build and execute scalable customer acquisition, activation, and expansion campaigns, using the best-performing and most budget-effective channel mix(es) for our target segments. Develop plans that embrace the full set of digital tools -- SEM, SEO, display, retargeting, web site, community site, web video, email, and social media appropriate to a data science focused brand, audience and message
- Performance management and measurement. Understand and communicate detailed marketing performance through every stage of the marketing funnel for multiple customer segments. Optimize how we convert impressions, clicks and leads to revenue. Refine our channel ROI attribution model. Forecast spend and expected return on a channel-by-channel basis
- Data, systems and tools. Partner with Engineering and Sales to establish the right marketing technology stack, including our email and marketing automation tools. Oversee day to day management of marketing automation tools and their integration into CRM (SFDC), including data flows between the systems, execution, and monitoring campaigns.
The ideal candidate
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 4 years of experience and a strong track record of success in team-building, demand generation, paid media, campaign execution, SEO, marketing automation, and marketing analytics at a high-growth company - with a passion for infusing a data-driven approach across our marketing efforts
- Experience targeting multiple customer segments - in addition to individual users, you’ve worked with technology products that targeted enterprises via direct, online, and channel strategies
- Deep understanding of acquisition pipeline management, lead scoring and routing, lead analysis and action planning
- Empathetic to the daily rigor and short-term demands of an acquisition organization and able to tie these to long-term, strategic initiatives
- Passionate about online education and data science
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Salesforce and with data visualization tools.
- Experience using Python or R is a plus
- Low ego to talent ratio
We don’t expect individual candidates to have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options at an early stage company
- 100% of medical and dental insurance premiums paid
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.