The days of learning data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when a learner is writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our learners get hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in their browser and on mobile. Furthermore, they can deepen their understanding by using Practice Mode, and apply everything they’ve learned with Projects. In fact, millions of learners around the world have completed over 90 million DataCamp exercises to date!
Behind every DataCamp course is a team of passionate folks who helped build it. We decided early on that the best way for us to maximize value for our learners is to build courses in partnership with top companies and experts in the data science community. That’s why our course library is packed with courses from companies like Anaconda and RStudio and data scientists like Andy Müller (scikit-learn), Erin LeDell (H2O), and Hadley Wickham (ggplot2, dplyr).
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Business Development Representative, you will play a vital role in growing revenue by helping to build a strong pipeline of qualified prospects for DataCamp. If you have the desire to join a rapidly scaling SaaS business in the education technology space, then this is the role for you. You will proactively identify, reach out to and cultivate new business opportunities using a combination of calling, emailing and social media tools. We will measure success for this role by qualified meetings, opportunities and revenue.
- Reach out to high potential prospects from DataCamp’s pool of 2.5 million registered members in order to up-sell them on DataCamp’s business offering
- Identify companies that have a high likelyhood to buy large DataCamp subscriptions for their employees and setting an initial demo call with them
- Coordinate with our sales, marketing, growth, customer success and finance teams to score and build our lead pipeline
- Complete outreach via calling, emailing, chat and social media
- Attend conferences that DataCamp sponsors in order to generate a high volume of qualified leads
- Gather feedback from prospects on what type of data science training they are looking for
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in data science
- Highly organized and ability to balance a high volume of daily tasks
- Determination to reach out to 100+ prospects per day
- Prior commissioned sales experience is a plus
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A role at the center of the commercial business of fast growing SAAS scale-up
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% of medical & dental insurance premiums paid
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.