DataCamp is revolutionizing data science education. We believe data fluency helps people succeed. That’s why we are democratizing data science education by building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world.
About the role
As a Business Development Representative, you will play a vital role in growing revenue by helping to build a strong pipeline of qualified prospects for DataCamp. If you have the desire to join a rapidly scaling SaaS business in the Education Technology space, then this is the role for you. You will proactively identify, reach out to and cultivate new business opportunities using a combination of calling, emailing and social media tools. And you will be accountable to goals of qualified meetings, opportunities and revenue.
This will involve:
- Reaching out to high potential prospects from DataCamp’s pool of 3+ million registered members in order to up-sell them on DataCamp’s business offering
- Identifying companies that have a high potential to buy large DataCamp subscriptions for their employees and setting an initial demo call with them
- Coordinating with our sales, marketing, growth, customer success and finance teams to score and build our lead pipeline
- Completing outreach via calling, emailing, chat and social media
- Attending conferences that DataCamp sponsors in order to generate a high volume of qualified leads
- Soliciting feedback from prospects on what type of data science training they are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and communication skills in (i) English and (ii) Dutch or French
- Interest in data science
- Highly organized and ability to balance a high volume of daily tasks
- Determination to reach out to 100+ prospects per day
- Prior commissioned sales experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- A role at the center of the commercial business of a fast growing SAAS scale-up
- Stock options
- Flexible hours
- A competitive salary including fringe benefits
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.