As a Tech Lead / Engineering Manager at Databricks, you will be responsible for all engineering activity by your team. You will be responsible for delivery of products and features shipped by your team. You will collaborate with brilliant engineers and customers to help ensure that we continue to build world class products with new and improved features.
You will work with engineering and product leadership to craft the long-term roadmap and quarterly deliverables for areas that your team works on, ensuring that our products continue to stand out in a growing multi-billion dollar market.
You will be responsible for tactical execution by the team, helping to coordinate activities such as sprint planning, design reviews, and project planning. In addition, you will be responsible for hiring and grooming world-class talent for your team. You will work with engineering leadership to establish hiring targets and priorities for the team and help find and recruit talent for these positions. You will mentor engineers and help them grow along their career paths, identifying and grooming talent for technical leadership roles. You will be responsible for helping engineers set goals for individual growth and for performance management, including coordinating reviews and delivering performance feedback to engineers.
- Hiring. Recruit and hire strong engineers in a competitive hiring climate.
- Technical leadership. Own the technical output of the databricks product team. Ensure high technical standards by instituting processes (architecture reviews, testing) and culture (engineering excellence). Review and drive long term technical direction of the Databricks product.
- Management. Directly manage engineers. Provide feedback and guide promotions and leveling process.
- Planning. Work to scope and plan key deliverables. Work with team to ensure project planning of key initiatives.
- Cross-functional execution. Coordinate within the organization alongside PM, marketing, support and sales to ensure delivery of key initiatives. Influence product strategy alongside the PM team.
- Great at hiring top talent, especially leadership
- Great at devising efficient processes that increase velocity and quality
- Team player that will work with other departments (PM, Sales, CS)
- Passion for user experience and design and the small details
- BS in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience in software engineering
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.