Databook is the world’s first AI-powered enterprise customer intelligence platform. Dubbed “Moneyball for Sales”, Databook was founded in 2017 to give enterprise sales representatives and go-to-market teams a differentiating advantage. Today, leading enterprise companies rely on Databook to help their teams engage as experts – improving the buying experience for customers and accelerating revenue acquisition. Our customers include Microsoft, Salesforce, Databricks, and more. We are a Series B company backed by Bessemer Ventures, DFJ Growth, M12 - Microsoft’s Venture fund, Salesforce Ventures and Threshold Ventures. We are a customer-focused, innovative, and collaborative learning organization. We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with a distributed team working across the globe.
Our People Operations team looks after programs like culture-building, recruiting, total rewards, talent development, performance management, work environment, and more. We are focused on creating a positive, employee-first culture where our team feels valued and heard, and helping our employees thrive in a fast-changing environment. We value empathy, caring, listening and responsiveness.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of People Operations who will play a vital role on our growing team. You’ll oversee a number of programs including, but not limited to:
- Newcomer onboarding: Deliver a positive newcomer experience from the point of offer acceptance through 90-day check-ins. Liaise with finance and technology teams to prepare for newcomer arrivals. Manage the program calendar, curate content and presenters, and manage logistics. Host monthly orientations and ensure sessions run smoothly. Conduct feedback surveys and find ways for us to improve the onboarding experience.
- Benefits/Compensation: Support benefits administration, renewals and open enrollment processes (currently offered through Gusto). Periodically audit benefits usage and drive program engagement as needed. Propose benefits enhancements by understanding best practices across related industries. Work on compensation, leveling and market data updates.
- Employee relations: Advise and train managers in employee relations best practices and strategies for resolving work grievances. Develop further training as needed.
- Employee engagement: Periodically execute and analyze employee engagement surveys and propose actions to drive positive change (currently using CultureAmp).
- Internal communications and change management: Host drop-in hours to capture questions/concerns and escalate as needed. Deliver project and communications planning to support the roll-out of new people-related tools and programs.
- Compliance: Manage the US compliance activities such as harassment training and COVID compliance protocols and related communications. Identify and propose solutions for mandatory compliance training and track staff participation. Propose amendments to our Employee Handbook as needed.
- 6-7+ years of related experience in an HR function with a minimum of 2 years’ management experience. Start-up experience highly preferred.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Understanding of US employment laws and regulations
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; active listener
- Proven track record in project managing new system and tool implementations and optimization of existing tools
- Strong work ethic; able to handle private and confidential information and escalate issues to leadership as needed
Join us and enjoy these perks!
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision care contributions (100% for employee, 50% for dependents)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus holidays
- $500 learning stipend to spend on books, courses or other training materials that help you develop skills relevant to your role or professional development
- $750 budget for home office equipment
Databook provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoﬀ, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Databook expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.