The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but our data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Databento is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. We power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
Since starting in 2019, we've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up pre-launch. Our team consists of former data users from firms like Two Sigma, Belvedere, Pico, Bloomberg, Pinterest, and Google.
We offer health, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) matching and visa sponsorships. We accommodate 100% remote work, with teammates living around the globe and paid in their local currency.
We're looking for a technical writer who can create technical content and documentation for our diverse user base. If you love coding and financial markets just as much as engaging conversation on these topics with a wide audience, this role is for you.
As a Technical Writer at Databento, you will:
- Design, write, and deliver product API documentation and delivery methods.
- Write about data- and finance-related topics for a variety of mediums, including blog posts and an email newsletter.
- Explore and implement programmatic SEO solutions and inbound marketing solutions via technical content creation.
- Design, write and create content to increase community engagement on various channels (Slack, social media etc.)
- Monitor and report on feedback, reviews, or feature requests.
- Work with our engineering team to respond to customer queries, feedback, and reported bugs in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with our product team and designers to create better user experience and community resources.
- Collaborate with our product team to improve community awareness of product features.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, applied math, finance, marketing, communications, business, management, journalism, writing or any field with an emphasis on writing or social skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Please include a writing sample in your application.
- Previous work experience as a technical API writer, ideally at a finance or data company.
- Knowledge in finance, fintech, data, machine learning, or software engineering.
- Experience with design tools (Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Experience creating content for newsletters and blog posts.
- Experience with programmatic SEO and inbound marketing.
- Passion for teaching or communicating ideas to people with a wide range of familiarity on a given topic.
Our recruiting data suggests that underrepresented applicants often downplay their skills. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed, we still want to hear from you. Please apply!