The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but our data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Databento is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. We power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
Since starting in 2019, we've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up pre-launch. Our team consists of former data users from firms like Two Sigma, Belvedere, Pico, Bloomberg, Pinterest, and Google.
We offer health, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) matching and visa sponsorships. We accommodate 100% remote work, with teammates living around the globe and paid in their local currency.
- Working with engineers and product team to develop web backend and APIs for our core products.
- Working with engineers and product team to ideate, design and implement product features and improvements.
- Maintaining existing web and data applications.
- Improving performance and developer experience of our web APIs.
- Improving engineering workflows, e.g. testing, release, deployment, QA, documentation.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, C++, Rust.
- 3+ years of work experience designing, implementing and/or integrating web APIs (REST, GraphQL, RPC, Postman).
- Prior work experience at a high growth tech startup or electronic trading firm.
- Experience with single page applications and modern web app architectures.
- Experience with containerized application deployment (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with release engineering, CI/CD and zero downtime deployment practices (GitLab CI, TeamCity, Spinnaker).
- Experience with financial data (market data feeds, time series, security references, machine-readable news) or analytics.
- Experience with Python web frameworks (Django, Flask, FastAPI).
- Experience with database design and administration (MySQL, Redis, Clickhouse).
- Familiarity with reverse proxying and load balancing (Traefik, HAProxy, direct server return).
- Experience working within a Linux environment.
- Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or a related field.
Our recruiting data suggests that underrepresented applicants often downplay their skills. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed, we still want to hear from you. Please apply!