The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but our data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Databento is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. We power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
Since starting in 2019, we've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up pre-launch. Our team consists of former data users from firms like Two Sigma, Belvedere, Pico, Bloomberg, Pinterest, and Google.
We offer health, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) matching and visa sponsorships. We accommodate 100% remote work, with teammates living around the globe and paid in their local currency.
As Chief of Staff at Databento, you will:
- Handle day-to-day tasks in HR, operations, sales, growth and marketing.
- Help to maintain employee policies and internal documentation.
- Facilitate hiring and staff onboarding.
- Manage operational resources (access permissions, office and data center assets, legal docs, commercial agreements).
- Identify and implement policies or workflows that improve company's operating efficiency.
- Liaise with external service providers (legal, accounting, infrastructure vendors etc.)
- Review legal docs and tax paperwork.
- Assist in bookkeeping or accounting workflows.
- Assist CEO in streamlining daily operations.
- Assist CTO in streamlining product development and engineering workflows.
- Work with community manager, CEO and CTO on sales, growth and marketing initiatives at both strategic and hands-on level.
- Assist product team in maintaining consistent brand messaging.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with external organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, marketing, communications, business, management, journalism, computer science, applied math, writing or any field with an emphasis on writing or social skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent multitasking skills.
- Passion for finance, fintech, data, machine learning, software development, computers or tech startups.
- Experience with design tools (Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Work experience in a sales, marketing, finance, consulting, bookkeeping, accounting or legal role.
- Experience organizing or launching community initiatives (online forum, events, newsletters).
- Hands-on experience with social media management, SEO and/or online marketing channels.
We welcome entry-level and mid-level candidates for this role.
Our recruiting data suggests that underrepresented applicants often downplay their skills. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed, we still want to hear from you. Please apply!