The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but our data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Databento is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. We power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
Since starting in 2019, we've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up pre-launch. Our team consists of former data users from firms like Two Sigma, Belvedere, Pico, Bloomberg, Pinterest, and Google.
We offer health, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) matching and visa sponsorships. We accommodate 100% remote work, with teammates living around the globe and paid in their local currency.
- Architecting and building high performance data processing applications.
- Writing market data feed handlers and parsers.
- Implementing data pipelines and ETL workflows.
- Working with product team and other engineers to design and implement the backend, APIs and wire protocols behind our core product.
- Acting as an inhouse technical reference on areas of domain expertise and setting standards for best practices for software development.
- Improving release cycle, testing and internal documentation.
- Experience developing in C++ or Rust.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, including at least 2 years writing applications for electronic trading.
- Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or a related field.
- Prior work at an electronic trading firm or a high-growth tech startup.
- Experience with financial data (multicast feeds, time series, security references, machine-readable news) or analytics.
- Experience writing line rate feed handlers or parsers for multicast data feeds.
- Experience designing web APIs or wire protocols.
- Experience with socket programming.
- Experience with user-space networking (Solarflare OpenOnload, ef_vi, TCPDirect) and low latency environments (Xilinx FPGA, Arista/Metamako, PTP timestamping).
- Knowledge of performance optimizations (memory hierarchy and I/O bounds, CPU architecture, kernel bypass networking, lock-free algorithms, compiler behavior, zero copy, instruction pipelining and prefetching).
Our recruiting data suggests that underrepresented applicants often downplay their skills. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed, we still want to hear from you. Please apply!