The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but our data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Databento is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. We power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
Since starting in 2019, we've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up pre-launch. Our team consists of former data users from firms like Two Sigma, Belvedere, Pico, Bloomberg, Pinterest, and Google.
We offer health, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) matching and visa sponsorships. We accommodate 100% remote work, with teammates living around the globe and paid in their local currency.
- Building web UIs and applications.
- Collaborating with designers and the product team to implement features that improve user experience.
- Supporting UI/UX research, design and prototyping of features.
- Improving frontend workflow and tooling.
- 3+ years of web development experience (HTML, CSS, Sass/SCSS).
- Experience with integrating APIs (Swagger, REST, RPC, GraphQL, Postman).
- Basic exposure to UI/UX fundamentals and design tools (Figma).
- Working experience around CI/CD, deployment, containerization (GitLab CI, Docker).
- Working experience with frontend tooling and frameworks (Cypress, Storybook, Webpack, Express, D3.js).
- Degree in computer science, HCI, visual design or a similar field.
You’re encouraged to include a portfolio in your application. Here's a few things we're interested in if you need ideas of what to showcase!
- Enterprise-grade web apps with self sign-up processes and team management features.
- Dashboards for any domain in fintech.
- Tools that improve the productivity of finance professionals, developers, devops or data scientists .
- Interactive data visualizations and data tables.
- Workflow automation and data pipelines.
- Encryption and enterprise compliance.
- Aesthetic appeal of Japanese food.
Our recruiting data suggests that underrepresented applicants often downplay their skills. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed, we still want to hear from you. Please apply!