About the role
Dashworks is the first and only place you need to go to find or discover knowledge about anyone or anything at work. We’re on a path to redesigning the future of collaboration and knowledge sharing. We truly have a unique opportunity to build a category-defining product (and company!) that gets used by millions every day.
We have reached a pivotal stage in our journey: we just came out of stealth, have some impressive paying customers, and are growing rapidly. Joining right now would mean you get to ride the wave of explosive top-of-the-funnel growth, yet get meaningful equity in a pre-series A startup. We’re a team of 11 and work with companies with 100-10000 employees.
As an early engineer to join our team, you'll have the opportunity to materially impact and scale not just the company's product but also the team and the culture. You'll get to drive key product initiatives end to end, and work alongside exceptionally strong co-workers who learn quickly and ship quality work.
You’ll join a small-yet-mighty team of 11 as an engineering lead and go on own the entire user-facing product. This will involve:
- Working closely with product & design to define product requirements for breakthrough features
- Architecting user interfaces and APIs for scalability, reliability, and user delight
- Learning new technologies and frameworks to maintain and improve a blazing fast shipping velocity
- Being an experienced voice in defining engineering direction, culture and roadmap
- Establishing engineering best practices for a Typescript/React frontend codebase
- Being hungry for responsibility, growth, and impact
You qualify if you have:
- 3+ years of experience using Typescript and SPA frameworks like React for production-grade web apps
- 1+ years experience with Python (Preferred, but not required)
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL a plus
- Familiarity with SQL and database abstractions
- Ability to quickly learn new frameworks/technologies and move across the stack when necessary
We’ll love you if you have:
- Willingness and comfort with owning and driving major initiatives independently
- A love for your craft and the desire to pour your heart out into it
- An intuitive grasp of product-level thinking and system thinking
- A high bar for quality yet the agility to ship in weekly cycles
- Strong communication skills
What you’ll love about us:
We're working hard to create a working environment where people feel empowered to do their very best work, make a significant impact, and enjoy what they do. As an early employee, you'll have a massive say in defining the engineering organization, our vision, and our culture. You'll also have uncapped opportunities for growth, learning, and exposure to different business areas.
Here are the Dashworks essential benefits:
- A competitive salary - regularly reviewed to make sure you're always getting what you deserve.
- Meaningful pre-Series A share options - you'll own a part of Dashworks and share in our success
- Healthcare, vision, dental, and mental health coverage
- Home office setup + hardware/software coverage: get a laptop, and whatever hardware, software, or services you need and are reasonable to do your job
- Option to work from our sunny loft in SOMA in SF. We'll cover travel expenses if you plan to come work in person.
- Unlimited PTO
- Quarterly team retreats
- 30 min chat for us to learn about your ideal role, past technical achievements, and for you to learn about our vision, current stage, and next milestones
- A 2-2.5 hour technical interview involving system design, coding, and debugging
- 30-minute interview to see if we have a mutual cultural fit
- Chatting with two of your references: your previous coworkers/managers. We offer you to chat with our references as well: investors, advisors, customers
- Offer: 3 alternatives with a range of equity and base compensation options. We’ll also answer all your questions about business, finances, cap table, engineering, and anything else you need to make this life-changing decision (for both you and us!)
We move fast through the entire process and aim to have all the steps above completed within 3-5 days. We will make an offer to only exceptional candidates where we have strong conviction in their technical skills and fit for the role.