About the role
As one of the first engineers to join our team, you'll have the opportunity to materially impact and scale not just the company's product but also the team and the culture. You'll get to own the core Dashworks search and IR algorithm, and work alongside exceptionally strong co-workers who learn quickly and ship quality work.
What you'll work on:
- Designing and implementing the core information retrieval model for Dashworks search platform
- Identifying and implementing IR performance analytics and metrics
- Architecting the backend infra to optimize it for search and IR model needs as needed
- Researching and leveraging cutting-edge progress in information retrieval in academia and industry by staying abreast with new publications, conferences, and product applications
- Working closely with the rest of engineering team to drive new IR features and improvements to production and create a stellar user experience
- Leading greenfield initiatives as we expand to use cases beyond search
You qualify if you have:
- 2+ years of industry experience in building search engines
- (Preferred) 1+ years of leading search engineering teams
- (Preferred) 1+ years of experience using at least one deep learning framework (TensorFlow or PyTorch preferred)
What we look for:
- Willingness and comfort with owning and driving major initiatives independently
- Curiosity and a love for your craft
- An intuitive grasp for product-level thinking and how AI/IR can drive value to end-users
- Strong communication skills
We are on a mission to reinvent knowledge sharing and decision making for work in the age of AI. Today, teams are drowning in a sea of information that is siloed across hundreds of SaaS apps (think Notion, Dropbox, Slack, Jira, Github, Gmail, Salesforce, Airtable, etc.).
Using Dashworks, teams transform how their employees find, discover, and learn from their company knowledge. Our first product connects with all the cloud apps used in a company and uses state-of-the-art NLP to power intelligent, personalized, and deep search across company documents, messages, comments, emails, code, tasks, meeting transcripts, and everything else.
Dashworks was started by Praty and Prasad, who met at Stanford while pursuing grad studies in deep learning. Our team brings experience from other foremost institutions like IIT, Facebook, Microsoft, UT Austin, and Cresta. We are thrilled to be backed by some of the world's best early-stage investors like Y Combinator.