Dashlane is a leading, award-winning password manager and digital wallet, intrinsically designed to make identity and payment simple and secure on every website and every device. We're a rapidly growing tech startup using the world's best security and privacy architecture.
Since our first product launch in 2012, our team – based in Paris and New York - has been working hard to simplify and secure the lives of our 8 million Dashlane users through mastery of our craft and innovation.
Position based in Paris (18).
Dashlane is looking for an experienced lead developer to join our growing team and manage the backend team (Dev and DevOps). This team is in charge of our whole API. From the design to the implementation, the production deployment, and the monitoring. It includes many of the functionalities behind Dashlane: Backup/synchronization of users' data, sharing feature, premium activation, logging, etc. used daily by millions of users (hundreds of millions of API calls per day). The team leader will manage and empower the developers, lead the technical and architectural decisions, and stay hands-on, coding and peer-reviewing.
The role will be instrumental in improving and bringing up to date the Dashlane’s current systems, processes, and infrastructure necessary to support future growth and expansion plans.
- Manage and lead the Backend development team (7 developers as of now)
- Recruit new developers and follow career development
- Architect and design new features in Node.js
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services including databases, web services, and other integrations
- Be responsible for our cloud infrastructure on AWS, ensure it scales to support business growth
- Manage and forecast backend budget expenses, work on cost optimizations
- Experience managing a team of experienced developers
- Track record for managing critical services that need to stay up 24/7
- Proficient in at least one backend programming language (node.js, go, Python, Elixir...)
- Good knowledge of relational and/or non-relational database(s)
- Proficient in English
It’s great if:
- You are experienced with Agile methodologies
- You are experienced with cloud platforms (eg. AWS) & DevOps processes (we use Ansible)
- You are aware of the security implications of your own work (have you checked our 0-knowledge architecture white-paper?)
At Dashlane, you will:
- Learn every day and be involved in many various projects
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you have learned and to implement your ideas for improvement
- Work with passionate teams of engineers, product managers, testers, customer agents, in a nice office and a multicultural environment
- Wake up every morning, excited to go to work and have fun!