Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at users' fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 10 million users in 150 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $13 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in New York and Paris is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
You will be based in Paris, France.
Dashlane is looking for an experienced lead developer to join our growing team and manage the backend team (Dev and DevOps). This team is in charge of our whole API. From the design to the implementation, the production deployment, and the monitoring. It includes many of the functionalities behind Dashlane: Backup/synchronization of users' data, sharing feature, premium activation, logging, etc. used daily by millions of users (hundreds of millions of API calls per day). The team leader will manage and empower the developers, lead the technical and architectural decisions, and stay hands-on, coding and peer-reviewing.
The role will be instrumental in improving and bringing up to date the Dashlane’s current systems, processes, and infrastructure necessary to support future growth and expansion plans.
- Manage and lead the Backend development team (7 developers as of now)
- Recruit new developers and follow career development
- Architect and design new features in Node.js
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services including databases, web services, and other integrations
- Be responsible for our cloud infrastructure on AWS, ensure it scales to support business growth
- Manage and forecast backend budget expenses, work on cost optimizations
- Experience managing a team of experienced developers
- Track record for managing critical services that need to stay up 24/7
- Proficient in at least one backend programming language (node.js, go, Python, Elixir...)
- Experience relational and/or non-relational database(s)
- Proficient in English
It’s great if:
- You are experienced with Agile methodologies
- You are experienced with cloud platforms (eg. AWS) & DevOps processes (we use Ansible)
- You are aware of the security implications of your own work (have you checked our 0-knowledge architecture white-paper?)
At Dashlane, you will:
- Learn every day and be involved in many various projects
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you have learned and to implement your ideas for improvement
- Work with passionate teams of engineers, product managers, testers, customer agents, in a nice office and a multicultural environment
- Wake up every morning, excited to go to work and have fun!
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris and New York, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.