Dashlane is a leading, award-winning password manager and digital wallet. Intrinsically designed to make identity and payment simple and secure on every website and every device. We are a rapidly growing tech startup using the world’s best security and privacy architecture to simplify the lives of more than 4 billion Internet users worldwide.
Dashlane is currently looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial-minded Senior Manager / Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to join the global finance team reporting into the CFO. The Director FP&A will lead our financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions, as well as be responsible for month close analysis, plus special projects (e.g., fundraising support and Board/investor reporting). Strategically, the Director FP&A will develop and leverage a deep understanding of the key drivers of the various business lines at Dashlane, and become the finance partner to the leaders of the various team to help drive strategic and operational initiatives as the business grows and scales. He/she will interface directly with the Senior leadership team and will use their entrepreneurial drive to develop great solutions, working independently with various stakeholders with limited oversight and high visibility throughout the organization.
As our head of FP&A, you will:
- Directly own and manage the company’s financial modeling, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting functions, which includes performing monthly pacing, quarterly (re)forecast, annual budget and 3-year plan for Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash flow
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial results: perform variance analysis (actual to budget / forecast) on all financial statements, identifying risk and opportunities and formulating recommendations for improvement
- Work closely with the Controller and CFO to prepare Monthly and Quarterly Financial reports, as well as operational and strategic reviews for the senior executive team
- Forecast cash flow positions and related borrowing needs to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Develop financial models and analysis to support various business teams: strategic partnerships, marketing and other strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with the Analytics team to implement and maintain FP&A oriented business intelligence tools, prepare and track metrics to measure effectiveness
- Prepare presentations in support of board meetings and monthly/quarterly senior executive meetings
- Work with third parties to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Work cross-functionally on strategic initiatives, including but not limited to pricing, customer acquisition, partnerships, and competitive analysis
We want to hear from you if:
- You have 3-5 years of business decision-driven analytical managerial role (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, financial planning).
- You preferentially have an MBA, but at a minimum have a Bachelor level degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or mathematics + a strong on-the-job educational history.
- You have deep knowledge of marketing-driven pipeline development, cohort analysis, debt and equity financing vehicles, and you ideally have a consumer tech, SaaS and/or direct marketing business experience.
- You preferably have worked for an early-stage US company and be used to a very fast paced working environment.
- You have a proven ability to dig deeply into data and derive business insights from financial information.
- You have strong analytical skills; you’re a strategic thinker who is proficient in modelling in-depth analyses from the ground up using Excel (experience in SQL server development (SQL queries) and using Quickbooks a plus)
- You communicate complex analyses, data-heavy insights and resulting recommendations/decisions to the team at large in a simple, clear manner (be it verbally or in writing, including PowerPoint)
- You are highly organized and able to think creatively, working autonomously, while being highly-driven and self-motivated, with an acute attention to detail
- You are capable of taking high level guidance and developing it into a solution
- You enjoy blazing a trail and operating in new lines of business or uncharted territory
- You are comfortable proceeding without all the answers in an effort to get to them and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have a “roll up your sleeves attitude” (we are not looking for a budget manager)
- You want to learn from and grow with some of the smartest and highly experienced analytical operators in the industry
- You use Dashlane and love it – all of us here are passionate about the product!
What you can expect from Dashlane
- You’ll work with a talented, dynamic, ambitious and passionate international team in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
- You’ll have the opportunity to help lead and influence a fast growing global company and share ownership in our success.
- You’ll receive a competitive pay and employee benefits package.
- We’ll provide you with real opportunities to developing yourself and your career.
- You’ll have plenty of bragging rights! Dashlane has been recognized by Google and Apple amongst the “Best of 2015” apps for Android and iPhone/iPad, respectively. We’ve also been featured by prominent publications such as Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, PC Magazine, the BBC and Entrepreneur Magazine, to name just a few.
- You’ll wake up every day, excited to come into work, be challenged and have fun.