At Dashlane we believe in leading with employee choice and respecting peoples' different needs and preferences. Our interview process follows this same principle. In light of the ongoing pandemic, most people are currently choosing to interview remotely via Zoom. If you have different preferences, we welcome you to discuss them with us and we'll do our best to accommodate
Dashlane is a web and mobile app that simplifies password management for people and businesses. We empower organizations to protect company and employee data, while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere. A better digital future starts with secure access.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
About the role:
Since its inception, Dashlane has been a data-driven company and the Data & Analytics team is the brain that powers all our business decisions across the entire company. As we scale, the need for more analytics is growing every day. The data engineering team spans the full cycle from data collection to data modeling and uses advanced technologies to process and report data. As a Data Engineer Intern, your main mission will be to be involved in the entire development lifecycle, working closely with data engineers and data analysts. This 6-month internship is a great opportunity to learn how to manipulate data on a real product, with cutting-edge technology on a key project for Dashlane, while being mentored by more Senior Data Engineers. Your work will guide every small and large decision we make on our product development roadmap and our company strategy. This is a unique opportunity to take part in an exciting adventure and truly contribute to the success of Dashlane.
You will be based in Paris, or remotely anywhere in France, with English as your working language.
The internship start date will be between September 2021 and March 2022.
At Dashlane you will:
- Enhance your data engineering skills and be mentored by true professionals
- Take part in the Agile development of a truly awesome product
- Build data pipelines and python-based ETL tools for acquiring, processing, and delivering data
- Develop and validate data models and schemas in our data warehouse that enable performant, intuitive analysis
- Handle the challenges that come with managing terabytes of data
- Collaborate with business leaders and analysts to define key metrics and build reporting to monitor and understand company performance
- Develop the server applications and APIs that are used by our Data Team
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- 1+ years of experience with SQL coding
- 1+ years of experience with scripting languages such as Python or an object-oriented language such as Java or Scala
- You have used GitHub or Gitlab before. Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines is a plus
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be curious about Data Engineering and eager to learn
- Be a good team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can address a task that is well defined with an obvious path to implementation
- Is not afraid to ask questions and keep learning when stuck, or even better, before!
- Be curious about dataOps and has a basic knowledge of a cloud provider. AWS preferably.
- Be a strong (data) problem solver and do not fear working with (big) data
- Be versatile, have strong attention to detail, and generally a hands-on attitude
- Wants to be an active contributor to one of the most challenging projects at Dashlane
- Be comfortable with working remotely
- Have tried Dashlane and uses it – all of us here are passionate about the product!
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company—founded in Paris and split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.