Due to the ongoing pandemic, our interview and onboarding processes will remain fully remote until further notice. At times like this, we're even more committed to providing you support and flexibility while you interview and onboard for your new job.
Dashlane is a web and mobile app that simplifies password management for people and businesses. We empower organizations to protect company and employee data, while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere. A better digital future starts with secure access.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
This position’s location is flexible within France and Portugal, and you can also opt to work from our Lisbon or Paris office. English will be your working language. We offer relocation support.
About the role:
Our browser extension is the central piece of the Dashlane user experience on desktop environments. It's right here when you need it, showing up whenever you need to autofill or save data while you are browsing, and providing advanced tools to manage your vault through its embedded web application. It's built upon Open Web Platform and the WebExtensions API, using technologies like Typescript, React, Redux, Webpack, Jest, Cypress, Gitlab CI, ... among others. It's a full-fledged desktop application: to respect our zero-knowledge architecture, a lot of the business logic is happening in the extension background processes and not server-side.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us build, grow, and lead the teams focusing on our extension.
At Dashlane you will:
- Help your direct reports to grow and develop as engineers, teammates, and leaders
- Recruit new software engineers and participate in Dashlane’s effort to be visible in the tech community
- Support teams and make them autonomous by giving them all the appropriate tools they need to deliver without friction
- Lead managerial initiatives to improve our current systems and processes in support of the company’s mission
- Work closely with product and business stakeholders
- Stay engaged with the browser extension codebase and technologies
- Help define the direction of the web platform to improve stability, security, and quality of the Dashlane product
- Work with passionate teams of engineers, product managers, testers, customer support agents, and others in a friendly and multicultural environment
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience in people management (ideally in a distributed environment)
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of the Open Web Platform API
- Experience with a company at roughly Dashlane's size and scaling up (100-500 employees)
- Experience working in a distributed team across multiple timezones
Diversity at Dashlane:
A truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.