Due to the ongoing pandemic, our interview and onboarding processes will remain fully remote until further notice. At times like this, we're even more committed to providing you support and flexibility while you interview and onboard for your new job.
Can you make complex ideas seem simple? Do you want to solve difficult UX problems and craft intuitive, rewarding digital experiences? And could you write the previous sentences in half as many words but make them twice as engaging? If so, join Dashlane as a UX Writer and help us create intuitive software with a global impact.
As a member of our Product Design Team, you'll champion clear, concise, and engaging language, and play a vital role in elevating the UX of our product. You'll collaborate closely with the Product Design Director, product designers, and fellow UX writers in a creative environment—and work alongside a broad mix of stakeholders including product managers, engineers, and marketers. You'll also partner with the Marketing and Creative teams to deliver a consistent user experience across all communication channels.
This position’s location is flexible within the US, but is ideally based in New York City. We also offer relocation support.
At Dashlane, you will:
- Produce top-notch copy that injects usability into the product and delight into the user experience
- Collaborate with product designers in creating delightful, effortless experiences, from wireframes and prototypes, through to crafting well-balanced layouts, and fine-tuning copy with engineers and the QA team
- Follow and contribute to style guidelines
- Test and iterate copy to improve its performance
- Craft copy that will be translated into multiple languages. You will be involved in the localization process, working as a bridge between the Product, Design, Engineering, and Localization teams
- A portfolio of your work
- At least three years of experience in a role that involves user experience in an app/product ecosystem
The ideal candidate:
- Possesses impeccable English writing skills and a superior command of grammar, style, tone, and rhythm of language
- Has experience in testing content to improve performance and usability
- Has a track record of writing compelling UX copy that contributes to reaching business goals and solving user needs
- Is comfortable collaborating with product managers, marketers, and designers
- Is well-read and aware of cultural differences between the U.S. and our other markets and can craft language that works equally well for different audiences
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain a tone of voice and consistent language across different contexts and platforms
- Can craft language in a way that makes technical and complicated ideas appear simple and accessible
- Is a naturally gifted communicator and is confident in explaining copy decisions to key stakeholders
- Wants to be part of a high-performing team and a fast-paced startup culture
- Is happy working towards challenging deadlines and can adapt to changing priorities
- Has a degree in creative, technical, or professional writing, user experience, or a related field
Dashlane is a web and mobile app that simplifies password management for people and businesses. We empower organizations to protect company and employee data, while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere. A better digital future starts with secure access.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Dashlane
As a truly international company—founded in Paris and split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience
To know what to expect once you've sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.