We continue to hire passionate people to join our mission of fixing the UX of the internet. Due to the ongoing public health crisis, our interview and onboarding processes will remain fully remote until further notice. At times like this, we're even more committed to providing you support and flexibility while you interview and onboard for your new job.
Dashlane is currently looking for a hands-on, entrepreneurial-minded Global Controller to join the finance team reporting into the CFO. As our Controller, you will drive the core financial control processes for the business on a global basis including accounting, audit, tax, transfer pricing and financial compliance/administration, as well as supporting the CFO on special projects with senior management (e.g., fundraising and Board/investor reporting). You will develop and leverage a deep understanding of the key drivers of the Dashlane’s business model and become a key finance leader of the organization. You’ll interface directly with the senior leadership team to develop scalable solutions, working independently with various stakeholders with limited oversight and high visibility throughout the organization. You’ll blaze a trail as we scale our core business and expand geographically and in new lines of business, mastering a capacity to balance the needs of a fast-growing company with the disciplined world of GAAP and applicable international standards.
The internet has optimized nearly every part of our lives...except for the internet itself. Consider every form you fill out online: Each week, the average internet user manually enters a mix of their name, address, phone number, payment info, usernames, and passwords hundreds of times on multiple devices, apps, and browsers.
Dashlane is an app that gives you a shortcut for everything you do online. Log in instantly, fly through forms, and breeze through checkouts on every device you own. Dashlane works across every operating system, device, and browser, opening the walled gardens that normally inhibit our digital experience.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for improving the digital experience and the belief that with the right tools, we can help everyone realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has empowered over 15 million users in 180 countries to dash across the internet without compromising on security.
This role will be based out of our New York office, with English as your working language. We offer relocation support if required, and under the current COVID circumstances, we expect the role to begin on a WFH basis.
At Dashlane you will:
- Directly own and manage the company’s accounting systems and processes on a global basis, including monthly consolidation and close of our accounts, revenue recognition, payroll, transfer pricing, audits, taxes, statutory reporting and compliance matters
- Collaborate closely with FP&A to ensure alignment on monthly variance analyses, quarterly forecasting and the annual budgeting process, and with the Analytics team to facilitate accounting and compliance tasks
- Manage the company’s global treasury reserves to ensure visibility and optimal availability of funds in each entity of the group
- Be the key point of contact for any accounting and compliance issues related to the company’s entities on a worldwide basis
- Work with external auditors, banks, lenders and tax advisors, and be responsible for accurate and timely completion of compliance certificates, audits, tax returns and other statutory filings
- Coordinate with internal and external business partners (including marketing and sales teams, promotional partners and outsourcing service providers) to improve processes and ensure appropriate reporting, policies and controls are in place
- Plan and implement automation within our accounting process wherever appropriate (e.g., rev rec)
- Manage junior accounting support staff and scale the team as we grow, remaining hands-on in the beginning
- 7+ years of broad accounting experience in a managerial role (e.g. audit firm and in-house accounting and control).
- CPA, CA or other professional accounting accreditation.
- Top 10 accounting firm experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or mathematics and a strong on-the-job educational history.
- Experience working for an early-stage US company, preferably with a SaaS business model, and are used to a very fast paced working environment.
- In-depth accounting and compliance subject matter expertise, including leading annual audits.
- Experience with management of consolidation processes, accounting and support teams, and compliance requirements for entities in multiple jurisdictions (especially with US and EU subsidiaries).
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Netsuite or other large ERP systems
- A track record of deploying and integrating new systems as a company scales (e.g. Billing and AP automation)
We're Also Looking For:
- Track record of working in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and to lead and drive complex operational initiatives.
- Proven ability to dig deeply into data and derive business insights from financial information.
- Attention to detail, and excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Can communicate complex and structured matters to the team at large in an approachable, simple, clear manner (be it verbally or in writing, including PowerPoint)
- Are highly organized and able to think creatively, working autonomously, while being highly-driven and self-motivated, with an acute attention to detail
- A “roll up your sleeves attitude” (we are not looking someone who considers themselves only a budget or people manager)
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company—founded in Paris and split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.