We continue to hire passionate people to join our mission of fixing the UX of the internet. Due to the ongoing public health crisis, our interview and onboarding processes will remain fully remote until further notice. At times like this, we're even more committed to providing you support and flexibility while you interview and onboard for your new job.
The internet has optimized nearly every part of our lives... except for the internet itself. Consider every form you fill out online: each week, the average internet user manually enters a mix of their name, address, phone number, payment info, usernames, and passwords hundreds of times on multiple devices, apps, and browsers.
Dashlane is an app that gives you a shortcut for everything you do online. Log in instantly, fly through forms, and breeze through checkouts on every device you own. Dashlane works across every operating system, device, and browser, opening the walled gardens that normally inhibit our digital experience.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for improving the digital experience and the belief that with the right tools, we can help everyone realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has empowered over 15 million users in 180 countries to dash across the internet without compromising on security.
About the role:
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Web team, working on our browser extensions, web applications and website (developed using Typescript and React). The Dashlane client architecture is complex and challenging: distributed zero-knowledge architecture of the business logic, significant team growth in the past year, many products to release and maintain... You would join the team to contribute to build the best architecture, apply best practices in the development cycle, develop new functionalities in the product, improving its quality, and help the engineering team to work more efficiently over time. You will influence and support the technical strategy at Dashlane and contribute to our technical vision to build the next generation of Dashlane on the Web. You have strong and versatile architectural skills on web technologies and browser extensions, as well as deep experience around engineering best practices and how to deploy them. Your in-depth understanding of business context and how engineering supports product and business allows you to anticipate long-term technical needs.
You will be based in New York (United States), Paris (France) or Lisbon (Portugal), with English as your working language. We offer relocation support. Remote work is also an option.
At Dashlane you will:
- Build and drive a vision on how the Dashlane web platform will evolve in the next years, considering business needs and global technological environment.
- Challenge the whole organization and drive initiatives to ensure the technical longevity of the Dashlane Web platform.
- Contribute to the code base, improving the architecture and the product.
- Bring your expertise to the team about engineering best practices, helping the team to work better and more efficiently.
- Contribute to improving quality and the release process, helping the teams deliver value to Dashlane customers in the best conditions.
- Be one of the technical evangelists of Dashlane, within and outside Dashlane.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering as an individual contributor.
- 5+ years of experience of technical leadership, coaching and mentoring of engineers.
- Broad Experience across different programming languages and technical platforms: from backend and infrastructure, to web environment and browser extensions.
- Track record of delivering successful high-scale web applications.
We're also looking for:
- Communication skills to share and educate within and outside of the company
- High code quality standards and good knowledge of engineering best practices.
- Customer focus and an attention to details that matter for our customers and our product
- Ability to understand business needs and interact with non-technical stakeholders.
- Capacity of adaptation to respond to the needs of a fast-changing environment.
- Experience building products where security is a main concern.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company - founded in Paris and split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more - and are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you've sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.