The internet has optimized nearly every part of our lives... except for the internet itself. Consider every form you fill out online: each week, the average internet user manually enters a mix of their name, address, phone number, payment info, usernames, and passwords hundreds of times on multiple devices, apps, and browsers.
Dashlane is a mobile and desktop app that gives you a shortcut for everything you do online. Log in instantly, fly through forms, and breeze through checkouts on every device you own. Dashlane works across every operating system, device, and browser, opening the walled gardens that normally inhibit our digital experience.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for improving the digital experience, and the belief that with the right tools, we can help everyone realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has empowered over 12 million users in 180 countries to dash across the internet without compromising on security.
The person in this role will be responsible for the development of Dashlane’s editorial strategy, setting the direction for the content team’s work. They will identify and program powerful stories that raise awareness about what we do, bringing new customers to the brand by showing them that our product is essential to digital life today—and exciting them about where we’re headed next. This expert writer will also develop Dashlane’s unique brand voice.
The role will report to the Head of Brand and work closely with the CMO.
The Editorial Director will:
- Bring Dashlane’s story to life across the brand ecosystem—website, email, social media, blog, etc.
- Define the brand voice and create style guidelines to ensure a consistent and recognizable customer experience across all owned and shared channels.
- Work with the Head of Brand to set the purpose and content strategy for each of Dashlane’s owned channels.
- Work with the Head of UX to ensure a consistent voice throughout all of our products
- Establish an editorial calendar featuring culturally-relevant, consumer-centric brand stories.
- Lead team in the creation of compelling content across all channels.
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to identify brand stories based on new developments.
- Direct the work of strategic external partners as needed.
- Review and approve brand content, contributing key pieces as needed.
- Manage and provide development for lead editors.
- 8+ years driving content and editorial strategy in-house for culturally significant consumer brands
We’re Also Looking For
- Proven ability to manage budget against a content roadmap and drive key top-of-funnel performance metrics
- Passionate about privacy, digital rights and the future of the web.
- Keeps up to date with all the ongoing conversations around Big Tech and global legislation
- Experience creating content in collaboration with Engineering teams
- Data-driven instincts with a track record of producing and presenting compelling, convincing market data and information to diverse internal audiences
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset, drawn to simplifying complexity
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.