Is accounting your kingdom? Would you like to be a pillar in the development of our accounting department? Are you excited to set up an accounting software? Do you also like to work in an international environment in a fast-growing company? Then join Dashlane as our first Senior Accountant in Paris.
Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. Our award-winning app keeps logins, personal data, and payment info secure and accessible using patented, zero-knowledge architecture. Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that with the right tools, we can help every digital citizen realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has already enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions and empowered over 12 million users in 180 countries to manage and secure their digital identities.
You will own all day-to-day accounting operations including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Payroll, ensuring compliance with French statutory guidelines as well as internal financial policies and procedures. At the beginning, you'll work closely with our Chartered accountant, and in time handle all tasks internally.
You will be based in Paris, France.
At Dashlane you will:
- Have a key role in the process of standardizing our internal accounting
- Help in the set up of an ERP/ accounting software solution
- Produce financial statements for the French entity with the help of our Chartered accountant (Expert-Comptable)
- Play a key role in the following areas:
- Process general ledger journal entries (French GAAP)
- Review account reconciliations
- Ensure appropriateness of accounting records and control journal entries
- Interface with external auditors to support the financial statements
Financial closings & reporting
- Provide accounting data for the monthly and annual financial closings
- Create and implement a monthly closing checklist and calendar to ensure meeting corporate deadlines
- Prepare and review the balance sheet, profit and loss
- Reconcile intercompany balances (Balance Sheet & P&L) with partner companies
- Prepare required statutory financial statements as applicable
- Preparation of tax declarations (VAT, tax deduction, CVAE, property tax declarations, IS tax packages, etc.)
- You will own the full cycle Payroll currently using Payfit
- Managing Compte Epargne Temps
- Be the lead accounting person to coordinate the CIR/CII submission
- Manage and validate employee expense reimbursement, ensuring adherence to policies
- Create and/or update processes and internal documentation on a regular basis
- Preparation of various forms (INSEE request…)
- Fluency in English and French
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting
- Knowledge of Payroll processes
The ideal candidate would also:
- Have great attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a structured and autonomous working style
- Have proficiency in Excel, ERP systems, and Quickbooks or Netsuite
- Have knowledge in US GAAP
- Have an excellent communication with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams
- Have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and show initiative
- Be results driven with ability to organize, prioritize and plan workload to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.