Are you an expert motion designer with a strong interest in leveraging dynamic visuals to guide users through intuitive, unified experiences? Are you excited to drive business by humanizing technology and leveraging user-centered design? Do you thrive when creating beautiful and engaging experiences? If your answer is yes to all three, apply today and join a high-performing team building intuitive software with a global impact.
What is Dashlane?
Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. Our award-winning app keeps logins, personal data, and payment info secure and accessible using patented, zero-knowledge architecture. Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that with the right tools, we can help every digital citizen realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has already enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions and empowered over 12 million users in 180 countries to manage and secure their digital identities. Now, with $110 million from our latest round of funding led by Sequoia Capital, we're growing our team and building a brand that will define the future of digital identity protection.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will take the interaction design and motion in Product to the next level. Joining an international team of Product Designers and UX Writers based across three offices, you will contribute to all our major UX design efforts in several mission-focused User Experience teams. As our first dedicated motion designer, you'll define and shape our motion design language. This includes ensuring the entire user journey—from marketing to the product to customer support—is elevated and improved through consistent and thoughtful motion. As the newest member of our rapidly-growing Dashlane family, you will be instrumental in developing and fostering a highly collaborative environment in which user-centered thinking is the cornerstone of everything we do.
Dashlane's mission is to make the web experience of millions of people worldwide more secure and private. Join us and be part of something important and meaningful.
You will be based in Lisbon.
At Dashlane you will:
- Partner with Product Design Director and Creative Director to create the motion language for brand and product
- Produce top-notch work that injects beauty into the product, and delight into the user experience. You will champion the importance of motion in user experience at every step and craft cutting-edge solutions that take our apps to the next level
- Create and own high-quality vector graphics and illustration, from concept to execution, and turn them into striking, highly engaging, and responsive solutions that push the boundaries of modern app design
- Collaborate with Product designers and UX Writers to create storyboards, user flows, and exemplary, interactive prototypes—and validate them with end users while balancing customer needs, constraints of technology, company brand values, and KPIs
- Go through multiple rounds of iteration on a single design, ensuring the experience is user-validated and data-driven, with the aim of always pushing the quality further
- Provide your interaction design expertise to our user research team to discover and solve user pain points and problems
- Collaborate closely with developers, QA team, Data team, and UX Writers daily to aid the implementation of the designed experience
- Work across departments and teams to support the Creative Team and Brand in visual storytelling, video production, and animation
- Handle elements of post-production including timeline-based animations, motion tracking, color correction, and keying
- Stay up-to-date with the latest in motion design and contribute to our understanding of the modern tools and trends
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX motion designer and/or user experience designer
- Demonstrable expertise in motion design and working experience with vector graphics
- Professional mastery of After Effects and expertise in Lottie or equivalent tools
- A portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered
The ideal candidate:
- Has full fluency in the interplay between design fundamentals such as typography, color, space, proportion, timing, sound, rhythm—and their roles in visual communication
- Has a solid understanding of the user-centered design process and is familiar with UX methodologies such as wireframing, storyboarding, user flows, personas, as well as various types of usability testing, including card Sorting, eye movement tracking, and more
- Can translate complex ideas into a simple language both in writing and verbally
- Is a self-starter and can manage own time, juggling many projects with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Always puts the team first and is comfortable sharing ownership in the company’s success
- Has passion for consumer apps and follows new developments in the world of software development
- Can demonstrate expertise in Adobe Suite, InVision, Sketch/Figma
- Has experience with character animation
- Has experience designing web apps, iOS, Android, MacOS, MS Windows apps
- Has working experience of operating within the Agile cycles and ceremonies
- Some 3D experience (e.g. using Maya, Cinema4D, 3DStudio Max) will be a welcome bonus
- Knowledge in video and sound editing tools (Premiere, Pro-Tools, Logic) will be a plus as well
Diversity at Dashlane
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.