Do you like data? Are you into being challenged and personally having an impact on the direction of an award-winning product? Do you know how to translate your findings into actionable insights and effectively communicate those ideas to senior management? If so, then come join Dashlane as a Data Scientist and take part in a mission to drive decisions that have a global impact.
Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in Paris, New York and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
As a Data Scientist you will be a key member of an international team committed to building the best online identity and security app - and be a part of our data driven culture where the insights you make affect every person in our company. You will work alongside a broad mix of stakeholders including data analysts, data engineers, product managers, engineers, marketers and user researchers. You will influence the direction of our apps and as well as the features that we will release. You will be an expert in both supervised and unsupervised machine learning as well as own our AB testing processes.
You will be based in New York.
At Dashlane you will:
- Work with our Product Strategy and Insights team to help answer questions about our users through the use of algorithmic methods (e.g. clustering, predictive modeling, etc)
- Develop research questions and undertake data exploration to understand who our users are, how they get value from Dashlane and what we can do to develop our product to bring greater values
- Work with our data engineering team to build production grade tools for our data modeling
- Design, analyze and interpret the results of AB testing experiments. You will be responsible for setting standards (e.g. determining sample sizes, significance levels, methods used) as well as identifying and implementing unique ways to shorten the time to results
- Define, evaluate, dashboard and monitor key metrics understanding root causes of changes
- Explore our data to understand of optimize the performance of machine learning systems.
- 2+ years as a data scientist
- 2+ years in SQL
- 2+ years using various machine learning tools
- 2+ working with AB testing in a corporate environment
- 2+ years experience in a programming language (Python, Java, Node, C++, etc)
We're Also Looking For:
- An advanced degree (Masters or PhD)
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Demonstrated ability to build ML algorithms, not just apply pre-built tools
- Experience with R
- Advanced knowledge of experimental design
- Ability to effectively communicate results
- Has applied machine learning to actual business problems, not just school projects
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.