Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in Paris, New York and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
Dashlane is looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to join our growing team in Paris and take on a leadership position within our Backend team.
As a hands-on engineering manager, you will manage and empower developers while continuing to contribute to our codebase and be involved in technical and architectural decisions.
The Backend team is in charge of all our APIs, providing core functionalities to all our client applications like data synchronisation between devices, support for business features, subscriptions management among other things. These services are used daily by millions of users (which translates into hundreds of millions of requests per day). The team is also in charge of securely storing our users' data and maintaining our infrastructure.
The role will be instrumental in improving Dashlane’s current systems, processes, and infrastructure necessary to support future growth and expansion plans.
- Manage developers in the Backend team, help them grow as engineers and follow their career development
- Work in collaboration with the other Backend Engineering Manager and business stakeholders to prioritize work and help the team achieve its goals
- Recruit new developers and participate in Dashlane's effort to be visible in the tech community (e.g. by talking at meetups or conferences)
- Architect and design new features
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services including databases, web services, and other integrations
- Be responsible for our cloud infrastructure on AWS, ensure it scales to support business growth
- Manage and forecast backend budget expenses, work on cost optimizations
- 1+ year(s) experience in people management or mentoring other developers
- Proficient in at least one backend programming language (Node.js, Java, Go, Python...)
- Proficient in English
It’s great if:
- You have a track record for managing critical services that need to stay up 24/7
- You have good knowledge of relational and/or non-relational database(s)
- You are experienced with Agile methodologies
- You are experienced with cloud platforms & DevOps processes
- You are aware of the security implications of your own work (have you checked our zero-knowledge architecture white-paper?)
At Dashlane, you will:
- Learn every day and be involved in many various projects
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you have learned and to implement your ideas for improvement
- Work with passionate teams of engineers, product managers, testers, customer agents, in a nice office and a multicultural environment
- Wake up every morning, be excited to go to work and have fun!
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.