Are you a team leader obsessed with solving complex UX problems? Are you passionate about leveraging user-centered design to humanize technology, address usability puzzles, and hit business goals? And are you interested in developing great people as much as in making things clear, beautiful, and engaging? If your answer is yes to all three, apply today and join a high-impact team creating intuitive software for a global audience.
Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in Paris, New York and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
As a Lead Product Designer, your greatest challenge and opportunity will lie in managing a team of dedicated designers and being responsible for their output in an ever-changing environment, in which user-centered thinking is the cornerstone of everything we do. However, your role will also include individual contribution to on one of our cross-functional Agile Mission Teams, in which you will be looked to as the UX and Product Design expert.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will be instrumental in helping define the Product Design vision, providing mentorship to other designers, and championing the career development of your direct reports. You will also partner with the Design Operations Manager to ensure the team is high-performing and maintains its high business impact. And as part of our Missions, you will work alongside a broad mix of stakeholders including product managers, engineers, marketers, copywriters, and user researchers to build the best online identity and security app on the market.
You will be based in Paris, France.
At Dashlane you will
- Be a leading member of the Product Design Team, with 3-5 Product Designers reporting directly to you
- You will also be expected to contribute as a lead designer in one of our cross-functional Agile Mission Teams
- Work with Product Design Director and other key stakeholders in setting the design direction for the Product
- Champion the user perspective at every step and craft a cutting-edge user experience that takes our apps to the next level
- Work to briefs that may require shifting priorities and ambiguity. You will be expected to balance business needs and constraints of technology and will be expected to drive innovation, even if it means challenging the brief and the Mission Team aims
- Create exemplary prototypes, interfaces, and experiences, both alone and with the help of your designers, all whilst balancing user needs, constraints of technology, company brand values, and KPIs
- Create and own high-quality UI and design, from concept to execution
- Integrate motion and interaction design into your usability solutions as we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability and beauty into the product and delight into the user experience — and always strive to push the quality of Product further
- Lead UX workshops and Design Sprints in solving problems and building the best experience
- Work on something important and meaningful. Our Desktop, Mobile and Web applications are already enhancing the web experience of millions of people worldwide, and are essential to making their online lives more secure
- Collaborate closely with developers, Product Managers, and UX Writers on a daily basis to aid the implementation of the designed interface and to ensure the success of released solutions. The team will depend on your keen eye for details
- Work with our Analytics and User Research teams to validate assumptions, test design solutions and fine-tune the messaging
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in UX design and influence our understanding of the Mac, Windows, web, iOS and Android environments, their unique differentiators and quirks
- 5+ years of experience as a UX or Product Designer
- 1+ years of experience leading and managing a team of at least 2 designers and/or UX Writers
- You can demonstrate expertise in InVision, Sketch / Figma
- Working experience of working within the Agile cycles and ceremonies
- Full professional proficiency in English
- A portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered
The ideal candidate
- Always puts the team first and is comfortable sharing ownership in the company’s success
- Is an expert in UX methodologies such as wireframing, storyboarding, user flows, Personas, and is well versed in various types of usability testing, including Card Sorting, Eye Movement Tracking, and more
- Has a rock-solid understanding of the user-centered design process
- Has full expertise of the interplay between typography, color, and motion, and their roles in visual communication
- Has a practical grasp of animation and understands the importance of interaction design in the user experience
- Is able to translate complex ideas into a simple language both in writing and verbally
- Is a self-starter and can manage own time, juggling many projects with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Has a passion for consumer apps and follows new developments in the world of software development
- Is experienced in motion design and has working knowledge of After Effects and/or equivalent software
- Takes interest in the science of leadership, design mentorship, and human psychology in the workplace
- Espouses the principles of Leaders Eat Last philosophy, and is comfortable with the principles of Servant Leadership
- Has a relevant degree (BA or equivalent, or higher)
Diversity at Dashlane
As a truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Lisbon, New York, and Paris, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.