Are you an experienced analytics leader who wants to lead a large international team of data engineers, data scientists and analysts in a scaling company where data has been valued by the CEO since its inception? Are you obsessed (in a good way) with leveraging data to solve complex business problems and proactively advise stakeholders in making better data-driven strategic decisions? Do you thrive on the challenge of building and managing consultative analytics and data team? Are you known for getting both the big picture of the business and the small details of data? And do you have a knack for communicating complex analytical themes in simple terms to a variety of audiences. Join us.
Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Backed by leading investors Sequoia, FirstMark, Bessemer and Rho, we have helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and have enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in Paris, New York and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
You will be based in New York, but will be managing a team of 10 (and growing) based in our offices in NY, Paris and Lisbon.
At Dashlane you will:
- Be responsible for setting the departmental vision and culture, while championing the use of advanced analytics in making key business decisions. This position is in charge of driving the day-to-day analytical approaches and exploring solutions to particular problems, and tasked with the management and long-term prioritization of the business’s overall analytical needs and opportunities. This role also drives performance of analytics solutions to impact overall business results while keeping costs in check and ensuring the business unit remains within the planned budget.
- Endeavor to create new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, information visualization, and addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner.
- Lead the team to develop and apply analytical algorithms and methods where possible, with a view of driving and enhancing data systems and streamlining business processes. In this capacity, you will strive to improve the quality of analytics solutions on a consistent basis, leading the creation of advanced models, algorithms, and big data analysis for priority business use cases.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including product, marketing and customer support, to take new analytically-driven products and services to market, to champion appropriate performance metrics that are relevant for each team and/or project, and more generally to identify meaningful insights within Dashlane's data.
- Ensure the team is consistently validating, interpreting, and creating dashboards and reports on results of these models for senior management, departmental heads, and relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with our Server and Security teams to ensure we maintain a robust and secure data infrastructure at all times as we scale the business.
- Advocate for the resources to implement the Analytics Strategy through effective business cases.
- 10+ years of related experience
- Willing to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
We're Also Looking For:
- Demonstrated success leading advanced analytics and working with a wide range of data in order to predict financial metrics for a business and drive business value. A suitable candidate will additionally have demonstrated experience building and leading quantitative analyses as well as experience building response and risk models for a business.
- Experience building & managing a large analytics team, working cross-functionally and across multiple offices, and managing vendor relationships and contracts. Change management expertise and demonstrated understanding of cultural sensitivity. Comfort with and appreciation for career pathing, development and day-to-day management and motivation of team members.
- eCommerce and Marketing experience, including familiarity with web, social, and mobile marketing preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form. The position is designed to interact with numerous departmental heads/management aiding them in the proper application of data, leading to functional improvement. Will require the skill to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Must demonstrate a passion for research and data and be highly skilled in performing quantitative analyses on various business functions, for example, on consumer behavior and trends. The candidate must also be highly skilled in the use of SQL, being able to draw complex queries that ultimately lead to improvements in business performance. Would be preferable if also highly proficient with a number of technologies (R, Python, SQL, AWS, Looker, Tableau, Matlab, etc.) and machine learning techniques, and when to use them.
- Will be self-motivated, proactive, taking initiative and have exceptional problem-solving skills. Must work comfortably in a cross-functional setting and with senior business executives. Take accountability for the business’s performance, and have an ability to remain calm and composed under stress and uncertainty, inspiring the same in his/her team. Must also have a natural ability to make strong, lasting, and meaningful connection with others, which will aid in the execution of duties in this highly collaborative role.
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.