Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities, has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Dashlane also helps over 10,000 businesses mitigate cyber risk by protecting their employees & customers from online threats, keeping their brands out of data breach headlines. We've raised over $100-million to-date, are experiencing triple-digit growth, and have a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor! Our team in Paris, New York and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
Our B2B team is searching for a Sales Engineer to join our office in NYC. You will work closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams, helping with pre-, and post-sales activities where your technical and domain expertise makes the difference, and will also work with Product and Engineering teams to bring market perspective to product roadmap discussions. As a Sales Engineer, you'll be involved in all stages of the prospect's/customer’s technical evaluation, implementation, and enterprise integration and will use inside/field presentations/demos, email, phone and social media to connect with prospects/customers. You will empathize with prospects/customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs.
We are looking for great teammates that can build technical sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to leverage Dashlane's technology in their environments. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you will utilize both. At Dashlane, you will be responsible for identifying the technical requirements within an opportunity, matching them to Dashlane's solutions, and supporting the sale by positioning and demonstrating our products and services in relevant contexts. You will assist prospects and customers with technical implementation, enterprise integration, solution architecture, and escalated technical issues/challenges. You will ensure a thorough understanding of key prospect/customer technical environments, spinning up test labs to mirror the variables in the scope of Dashlane app deployment and enterprise integrations.
We're looking for self-motivated, driven and fast-paced, curious, resilient sales engineering professionals with strong organizational and follow-up skills who are ambitious self-learners and work well in a team environment. This is a greenfield opportunity to quickly exceed your goals in a rapid-growth market and be part of growing an international business line from the ground up. You’ll be working with Executive/C-Suite contacts in IT and Security, developing strategies and tactics to maximize your success. Success in this role also depends on cross-Atlantic collaboration with cross-functional peers in Customer Success, Sales, Support, Product and Engineering. If you're committed to winning and this sounds like the type of role and environment you thrive in, then we want to talk to you.
At Dashlane you will:
- Work in close collaboration with the sales team to provide technical and domain expertise for specific opportunities, develop account strategies, and uncover additional business opportunities.
- Deeply understand the security programs and success criteria of our prospects and customers to provide expert consultation designed to align their goals with what they can achieve with Dashlane.
- Act as the technical subject matter expert in the features, benefits and application of Dashlane’s products and services, and conduct remote & in-person calls, presentations, and demos with prospects and customers.
- Actively drive the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with our prospects of various technical levels.
- Technically close complex and competitive opportunities, through advanced security domain expertise, technical skill and credibility.
- Craft technical content/documentation to show prospects/customers how to implement solutions to satisfy relevant desired outcomes and use cases.
- Confidently and comfortably consult with CISOs, CSOs, VPs/Directors/Managers of IT & InfoSecurity at companies of all sizes and industries.
- Analyze feature requests from customers and prospects and provide feedback to our Product and Engineering teams.
- Continually optimize the technical sales process and support sales efficiency across the board.
- Stay on top of industry news and developments to provide and maintain a deep industry and domain expertise.
- Provide technical perspective on active deals and help accurately forecast deals.
- Support marketing and sales events and evangelize Dashlane.
- Document relevant activities, account, and opportunity details in our CRM platform.
- Develop and manage long-term strategic relationships with technical contacts at key accounts to drive customer happiness and technical credibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or comparable field of study.
- 4+ years of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) sales engineering experience, managing the full technical sales cycle and selling into IT/InfoSec.
- Domain knowledge and experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM), Enterprise Password Management, and multi-factor authentication.
- Domain knowledge and experience with cloud and on-premise IT environments, enterprise web technologies, directory services (MS Active Directory, SCIM API, etc.), endpoint and network management.
- Understands network and web-related protocols (e.g., OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols).
- Understands core security concerns and threat models within desktop, mobile, and web application architecture (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption, XSS, XSRF).
- Extensive IP network troubleshooting skills including active working knowledge of tools and commands like ping, traceroute, nslookup and wireshark.
- Has setup and configured MS AD, MS Azure AD, G Suite, Okta, and other similar services.
- Working knowledge of LDAP with ability to solve problems with LDAP lookup issues.
- Has experience configuring Microsoft Exchange.
- Has a working knowledge of Office 365.
- Has configured and fixed SAML and SSO issues.
- Has configured and fixed MFA integrations.
We're also looking for:
- CISSP, OSCP/E, GWAPT, GPEN, GXPN certifications.
- Federal and industry regulation knowledge (e.g., PCI, SOX, GLBA, ISO 17799, HIPAA, CA1386).
- Scripting/programming skills (e.g., Python, Ruby, Java, JS, etc.).
- Strong Unix and Linux knowledge.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate and influence others.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills.
- Experience using CRM and automation platforms (Salesforce, Marketo, etc.).
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset - interested in helping to build a business with the ability to change direction and operate in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility- you’re willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic.
- Can perform day-to-day work with minimal supervision, and new and/or complex assignments with minimal direction; self-directed and resourceful.
- Tech-savvy, personable with natural problem-solving abilities and demonstrated discretion and ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to think critically, troubleshoot and solve complex problems in a fast-paced, data-driven, metrics-oriented environment.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in sales methodologies, with excellent closing and negotiating skills.
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.