Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at users' fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in New York, Paris and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
You will be based in Paris, France.
We're looking for a talented Semantic Engineer to join our Web Analysis team, whose mission is to make sure Dashlane's autofill feature is always spot-on. As a Semantic Engineer, you will be working on our page analysis algorithms to help it "understand" web pages like a human being. Our autofill relies on an expert system in ten languages, based on a large set of keywords and manually improved rules.
Our main objective is to evolve our engine from a manual neural network of keywords to a more scalable system. If you join you will help us reach that goal by experimenting with NLP, machine learning, crowdsourcing and your own good ideas !
As a member of our Web Analysis team, you will be…
- Maintaining a database of keywords to fix autofill issues and improve the user experience on different websites and in different languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese
- Using your programming skills to maintain and improve our back-office and tools to monitor the quality of our Database
- Collaborating with developers, our QA team, and our User Support team to achieve sustainable and resilient autofill quality on the ever-evolving jungle that is the Web
- Conducting research and experiments to further improve the intelligence behind our semantic analysis algorithms
- Part of a cross-functional team, passionate about linguistics and their applications to web technologies!
- You are fluent in verbal and written English
- You have a degree in either Computer Science or Linguistics, or significant experience in related field
We're also looking for:
- Knowledge of Node.js and Typescript
- Experience in NLP or Computational Linguistics
- Knowledge / experience in machine learning
- Knowledge about how a website works
- Proficiency in at least one other language
What can you expect from us?
- We will provide you opportunities to learn new technical skills and languages, and work on exciting, innovative projects
- You will explore and apply various topics from machine learning to applied linguistics to challenge the way we do semantic analysis
- You will be actively involved in product decisions and share ownership in the company’s success
- You will have a lot of autonomy and be at the forefront of building a cutting-edge platform that helps millions of people every day
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.