Are you obsessed with solving complex UX problems while designing intuitive, unified experiences? Are you passionate about leveraging the user-centered design to humanize technology, address usability puzzles, and achieve business goals? And can you create innovative digital products that delight customers? Join Dashlane as a Senior Product Designer and help us create intuitive software with a global impact.
Dashlane is a top-rated password manager and online security app created for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With offices in Paris, New York, and Lisbon, Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions.
As the first Senior Product Designer joining our new office in Lisbon you will help us develop and foster a highly collaborative environment in which user-centered thinking is the cornerstone of everything we do. You will work alongside a broad mix of stakeholders including product managers, engineers, marketers, copywriters, user researchers, and fellow designers to build the best password manager and digital identity management app on the market.
You will be based in Lisbon, Portugal.
At Dashlane you will
- Be relied upon to create exemplary prototypes, interfaces and experiences, whilst balancing user needs, constraints of technology, company brand values and KPIs
- Work on something important and meaningful. Our Desktop, Mobile and Web applications are already enhancing the web experience of millions of people worldwide, and are essential to making their online lives more secure
- Champion the user perspective at every step, as a key member of our cross-functional, mission-oriented teams
- Design and iterate layouts and assets that reflect the brand and enforce messaging
- Integrate motion and interaction design into your usability solutions as we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability and beauty into the product and delight into the user experience
- Work to briefs that may require shifting priorities and be expected to balance business needs and constraints of technology
- Create and own high-quality UI and design from concept to execution — and participate in setting the design direction for the Product
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in UX design and influence our understanding of the Mac, Windows, web, iOS and Android environments, their unique differentiators and user expectations
- Work closely with developers, Product Managers, and Copywriters on a daily basis to aid implementation of the designed interface and to ensure the UX success. The team will depend on your keen eye for details
- Work with our Analytics and User Testing teams to validate assumptions, test design solutions and fine-tune messaging
- Participate in UX workshops and lead Design Sprints to drive innovation, solve usability problems and build intuitive user experience
- Expertise in InVision, and Sketch or Adobe suite
- A relevant degree (BA or equivalent, or higher)
- Working experience within Agile cycles and ceremonies
- A portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered
- Full professional proficiency in English
The ideal candidate
- Is experienced with wireframes, storyboards, user flows, personas as well as UX methodologies such as card sorting, eye movement tracking, and other types of usability testing
- Has a solid understanding of the interplay between typography, colour, and motion, and their roles in visual communication
- Understands the importance of interaction design and animation in the user experience — and has specific expertise in After Effects and/or equivalent software
- Is able to translate complex ideas into a simple language. A fluency in English will be essential both when communicating in writing and verbally
- Is comfortable in putting the team first and sharing ownership in the company’s success
- Is a self-starter and can manage own time, juggling many projects with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Has passion for consumer apps and follows new developments in the world of software development
Diversity at Dashlane
As a truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.