Are you an expert designer obsessed with solving complex UX problems and creating intuitive, unified experiences? Are you passionate about how the user-centred design can humanize technology, address usability puzzles, achieve business goals, and help to bring to market innovative digital products that delight customers? Join Dashlane as a Senior Product Designer and take part in a mission to create intuitive and usable software with global impact.
Dashlane is a top-rated password manager and online security app, created for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at users' fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our teams in New York, Paris, and Lisbon are united by our passion for password security — and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be a key member of an international team committed to building the best online identity and security app — and be part of the culture in which design and user experience is the cornerstone of everything we do. You will work alongside a broad mix of stakeholders including product managers, engineers, marketers, copywriters, user researchers and fellow designers in a creative, highly collaborative environment. You will influence the direction our apps are taking in look and feel and in user experience, and champion the user perspective at every step. At Dashlane you will be relied upon to create exemplary prototypes, interfaces and experiences, whilst balancing user needs, constraints of technology, company brand values and KPIs. As we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX, we will be looking to you to integrate motion and interaction design into your usability solutions.
You will be based in Paris, France.
At Dashlane you will
- Work on something important and meaningful. Our Desktop, Mobile and Web applications are already enhancing the web experience of millions of people worldwide, and are essential to making their online lives more secure.
- Create cutting-edge user experience that takes our apps to the next level, and always strive to push them further.
- Design and iterate layouts and assets that reflect the brand and enforce messaging.
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability and beauty into the product and delight into the user experience.
- Create and own high-quality UI and design, from concept to execution;
- Work to briefs that may require shifting priorities. You will be expected to balance business needs and constraints of technology and will challenge the brief in order to drive innovation with the aim of improving user experience and usability of the product.
- Own not only the features you design, but actively contribute to all sides of the Dashlane application, and participate in setting the design direction for the Product.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in UX design and influence our understanding of the Mac, Windows, web, iOS and Android environments, their unique differentiators and quirks.
- Work closely with developers, Product Managers, and Copywriters on a daily basis to aid implementation of the designed interface and to ensure the UX success. The team will depend on your keen eye for details.
- Work with our Analytics and User Testing teams to validate assumptions, test design solutions and fine-tune the messaging.
- Be the team expert on all things pertaining to motion and animation in UX. Create exemplary prototypes, propose enhancements and be obsessed with fine-tuning the smallest of interactions.
- Participate in UX workshops and lead Design Sprints in solving problems and building the best experience.
- You are an expert in InVision, and Sketch or Adobe suite.
- A relevant degree (BA or equivalent, or higher).
- Experience with wireframes, storyboards, user flows, Personas and other UX methodologies such as Card Sorting, Eye Movement Tracking, various types of Usability Testing.
- 5 or more years working in app development environment.
- Working experience within Agile cycles and ceremonies.
- A track record of delivering UX solutions in more than one digital platform.
- A portfolio in addition to resume. (Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered).
The ideal candidate
- You have a practical grasp of animation and understand the importance of interaction design in the user experience.
- A solid understanding of the interplay between typography, colour, and motion, and their roles in visual communication.
- Motion graphics is your strongest side: you have proficiency and passion for motion, and have specific expertise in After Effects and equivalent software.
- The ability to translate complex ideas into a simple language. Your fluency in English will be essential both when communicating in writing and verbally.
- You are comfortable in putting the team first and sharing ownership in the company’s success.
- You are a self-starter and can manage your own time, juggling many projects with changing priorities, with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- You have a passion for consumer apps and follow new developments in the world of software development.
- You have the illustration / digital art skills.
Diversity at Dashlane
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.