Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in Paris, New York and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will be a key member of the executive team and will drive growth and brand awareness. The CMO will serve as a spokesperson for the company and will design, own and build a marketing strategy to drive audience & user acquisition, establish brand recognition and consumer trust, and effectively tell the story of the product & the company.
The CMO will foster and build a marketing function that supports the company’s high-performance, high-creativity, highly collaborative global environment. S/He will also revamp the current marketing mix to evolve the marketing function from performance-focused to a more even balance of brand-led and performance marketing. As a key part of the management team, the CMO will also have the following specific responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of the company’s marketing initiatives, including brand strategy & positioning, consumer marketing, digital and social strategy & marketing and advertising
- Provide a strategic vision for the company’s brand and ensure robust, integrated, and flawless execution of its mission
- Make and drive data-driven decisions and establish effective frameworks, metrics, and strategies to inform the company’s approach to both brand building, and direct channel marketing strategies
- Ensure rigor and discipline across company-wide programs that support integrated marketing and business development
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to develop and execute dynamic campaigns that drive growth for their target segments
- Lead a team of 30 employees spread across acquisition, retention, brand strategy, communications, PR, and agency relationships
- 15+ years of senior marketing leadership experience, ideally as head of marketing/CMO at a rapidly growing consumer-facing, mobile-first brand with a focus on expansion and identifying emerging market trends
- Proven success as a manager, leader, and coach/mentor with success in hiring and fostering growth of their team
- Exposure to substantial and significant scale. Experience operating and leading a marketing organization where the business is generating $50M+ in revenue and growing quickly
- Highly analytical; able to make data-driven decisions and establish effective metrics to approach marketing strategy & spend
- Deep knowledge of how to use digital & offline channels and tools to build a brand, customer base, and community-driven content
- Both tactically and strategically minded. This person should be able to operate in the weeds, but also be the strategic leader with the ability to build integrated brand/marketing architecture and frameworks, and communicate this effectively to company leadership, the full organization, the Board, and the global market
Style We’re Looking For
- High level of intellectual horsepower combined with the ability to listen to and learn from their team
- Highly analytical, operationally oriented and metrics driven
- Possess a strong work ethic with a drive to succeed
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills with the ability to successfully motivate and challenge a team of talented and creative people at all levels of the organization
- Personality that embodies humility, collaboration, confidence, transparency, high energy, and passion
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.