Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at users' fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 9 million users in 150 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $13 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in New York and Paris is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
You will be based in New York, NY.
At Dashlane you will:
- Be a key contributor on a growing Front End Development team building experiences on Dashlane’s website for our 10 million existing, registered users while reaching 100’s of millions of prospective users
- Take ownership of not only the features you develop, but all aspects of the Dashlane website and other projects owned by the FED team (ie. Emails project, help center, blog, 3rd-party integrated tools)
- Collaborate with Marketing, Design, QA, and other developers to ensure beautifully crafted UX/UI experiences and effective implementations that get results and are delivered quickly
- Work both independently with little supervision, as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Bridge the gap technically between Marketing, Product, and Engineering
- Stay up-to-date on current web best practices and bring them to the website platform
- 3 years or more of professional Front End Web Development experience
- Advanced skills in HTML5 and CSS3 (ie. Flexbox, Templating engines, CSS preprocessing)
- Strong command of server-side programming and principles using Node.js or similar
- Working knowledge of version control (ie. Git, Mercurial, etc)
- Proven ability to work from design comps/wireframes
- Strong responsive development experience
- Strong ownership of big and small projects from beginning to end
- Past startup experience
- Experience in Agile Methodologies (we use JIRA, Confluence, etc)
- Outstanding communication skills and exceptional eye for detail
- An affinity for Web Performance and best practices
- You are extremely motivated and are always trying to improve yourself and those around you
- Experience writing unit tests using Mocha, Sinon, Chai, and/or similar tools
- Experience writing and debugging end to end tests using Cucumber or similar BDD tools
- Basic user knowledge of the Dashlane product
- Parlez-vous français?
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris and New York, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.