Senior Product Designer
Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at users' fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 9 million users in 150 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $13 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in New York and Paris is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
Dashlane is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our rapidly growing Product Design Team. At Dashlane, you will be a key member of an international team committed to building the best password manager and online security app — and part of the culture in which design and user experience is the cornerstone of everything we do. You will work alongside other designers, developers, product managers, marketers, and in a creative, highly collaborative environment. You will influence the direction our apps are taking in look and feel, as well as in user experience.
Are you obsessed with creating eminently usable software that delights and solves user needs? Does the challenge of tackling some of the toughest UX problems sound like your cup of tea? We'd love to talk about your track record of delivering seamless user experiences on Desktop, Mobile and Web Apps. We want to hear from you if your strong side is motion design.
You will be based in Paris. Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
At Dashlane you will
- Work on something important and meaningful. Our Desktop, Mobile and Web applications are already enhancing the web experience of millions of people worldwide, and are essential to making their online lives more secure;
- Create cutting-edge user experience that takes our apps to the next level, and always strive to push them even further.
- Design and iterate layouts and assets that reflect the brand and enforce messaging;
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability and beauty into the product and delight into the user experience;
- Create and own high-quality UI and design, from concept to execution;
- Work to briefs that may require shifting priorities. You will be expected to balance business needs and constraints of technology, and will challenge the brief in order to drive innovation with the aim of improving user experience and usability of the product;
- Own not only the features you design, but actively contribute to all sides of the Dashlane application, and participate in setting the design direction for the Product;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in UX design and influence our understanding of desktop, web, iOS and Android environments, their unique differentiators and quirks;
- Work closely with developers, Product Managers, and Copywriters on a daily basis to aid implementation of the designed interface and to ensure the UX success. The team will depend on your keen eye for details;
- Work with our Analytics and User Testing teams to validate assumptions, test design solutions and fine-tune the messaging.
- Be the team expert on all things pertaining to motion and animation in UX. Create exemplary prototypes, propose enhancements and be obsessed with fine-tuning the smallest of interactions.
- Participate in UX workshops and lead Design Sprints in solving problems and building the best experience.
- You are an expert in Adobe suite or Sketch, InVision;
- Relevant degree (BA or equivalent, or higher);
- Experience working with wireframes, storyboards, user flows etc;
- Experience with Agile methodologies and working with Agile teams;
- 5 or more years working in app development environment.
The ideal candidate
- You have a practical grasp of animation and understand the importance of interaction design in the user experience;
- A solid understanding of the role typography, colour, and motion have in visual communication is your bread and butter;
- You have the ability to translate complex ideas into a simple language. Your fluency in English will be essential both when communicating in writing and verbally;
- You are comfortable in putting the team first and sharing ownership in the company’s success;
- You are a self-starter and can manage your own time, juggling many projects with changing priorities, with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- You have a passion for consumer apps and follow new developments in the world of software development.
- Motion graphics is your strongest side and you are proficient in After Effects or the equivalent software;
- You have illustration / digital art skills.
Diversity at Dashlane:
As a truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris and New York, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.