Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at users' fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 9 million users in 150 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $13 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in New York and Paris is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
Dashlane is looking for a talented writer to join our rapidly growing Product Design Team. You will aid us in building the best password manager and online security app on the planet.
Your job will be to boil down complex ideas into clear messaging and intuitive interactions. You will also partner with Marketing and Brand in making sure the user journey is always consistent across all channels of communications.
You will be based in Paris, France. Please submit a portfolio of writing samples.
At Dashlane you will:
- Own all aspects of User Experience as it pertains to messaging and language;
- Write copy for the native Desktop, Android, iOS and Web apps, as well as cross-platform alert messages and interactions, in-app and in-browser;
- Iterate and test content in order to craft concise, high-performing messaging that improves the user experience but also achieves business goals;
- Work with Designers and UX experts in creating delightful experiences and effortless UI for the user, starting from wireframes, through crafting well-balanced layouts, and fine-tuning copy in collaboration with Developers and QA. Your role will also involve working with designers on the ways copy can be used in the context of motion design;
- Work closely with the Art Director and partner with Marketing and Brand to ensure the tone of voice is consistent across all customer touchpoints, and that the entire user journey is seamless;
- Provide strategic, creative, on-brand copy for user testing and product optimization;
- Proofread, edit, and maintain all product copy to ensure error-free experience;
- Make sure the app layout supports copy and messaging in multiple languages. You will steward the process for localization, working as a bridge between product, design, engineering, and localization teams.
- At least three years of experience in a role that involves User Experience in an app/Product ecosystem;
- College degree in relevant fields.
- Experience in A/B testing with the aim of crafting the copy most relevant to the user.
The ideal candidate:
- You possess impeccable English writing skills and superior command of grammar, style and creative usage of tone and rhythm of language.
- You have a track record of writing compelling UX copy that both contribute to reaching business goals and aids the user;
- You are comfortable collaborating with product owners, marketers, and designers to create content that delivers against ambitious business goals;
- You are well read and aware of cultural differences between the US and Europe and are able to craft the language that works equally well for different audiences;
- You demonstrate the ability to maintain the tone of voice and consistency of language across different environments, contexts and platforms;
- You demonstrate the ability to craft language in a way that makes technical and complicated ideas appear simple and approachable;
- You are a naturally-gifted communicator and are confident in explaining copy decisions to key stakeholders;
- You want to be part of a high-performing team and be part of a fast-paced startup culture. You are happy working to challenging deadlines and can adapt to changing priorities;
- You have experience in creating copy for motion, film or animation.
Diversity at Dashlane:
As a truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris and New York, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.