Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at users' fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 10 million users in 150 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $13 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in New York and Paris is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
As most of the engineering team, you will be based in Paris.
Dashlane is looking for an experienced Android developer with a deep understanding of the internals of Android. You will participate in building the best password manager and online security app on Android. You have a proven track record of building high quality user experiences. You're comfortable putting forward your ideas and have strong passion for delivering the best experience to users.
At Dashlane you will:
- Take ownership of not only the features you develop, but all aspects of the Dashlane application
- Work with your team to develop innovative features, communicating clearly with the team during the development lifecycle, from inception to release
- Maintain and improve the core functionality of our application, looking for ways to optimise performance and improve our UX
- Stay up-to-date with the latest changes for Android and incorporate them into our application
- Work on a complex, feature-rich, and quickly evolving application
What's so special about working at Dashlane as an Android developer?
- You'll be joining a team of Android developers, who are all passionate about both Dashlane and Android technologies
- We write all new features and refactoring in Kotlin since the official support in May 2017.
- Min SDK 21, is there something before Android 5.0?
- While Google announced that 5% of the user base is on Oreo, we were already at 30% on our side
- We have a close relationship with Google, which allow us to work on upcoming Android features BEFORE they are announced officially, to be featured during Google I/O (Fingerprint, InstantApp, Autofill API…)
- Our team believes in conferences: we send developers in conferences and workshop around Europe. We did participate to several Google I/O.
- Our stack: Kotlin, Java, Dagger2, Retrofit, MVP, gradle multi-modules project…
- At least 2 years of work experience in Android application development
- Being fluent in English
We're also looking for:
- Experience with Kotlin (but you have to want to do it)
- Deep knowledge about Cryptography
A true multinational company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris and New York, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.