Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at users' fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 9 million users in 150 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $13 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in New York and Paris is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
You will be based in New York.
Are you a talented, hands-on legal professional who is eager to deploy your skills to build a department and drive positive business outcomes through legal insight? As Dashlane's first General Counsel you will play an integral role across the organization and be involved in a wide range of legal endeavors, including corporate governance, IP protection, contracts with vendors and partners, employment matters, and more. You'll start as a one-person Legal department, reporting to our CFO, and build a team as we grow.
At Dashlane you will:
- Build the legal and compliance functions at Dashlane with the focus of turning them into a key strategic asset for the company
- Advise the Executive team on strategic legal & business matters
- Draft and negotiate agreements and business deals with clients, business partners, and service providers; Provide strategic advice re the same
- Oversee IP matters (patents, trademarks) and data privacy regulatory compliance (e.g., GDPR, Privacy Shield)
- Oversee corporate compliance in conjunction with Finance and People teams (including HR, corporate, Stock Option Plan, and tax issues)
- Collaborate with CFO on investor reporting and fundraising activities
- Select and manage outside counsel on behalf of Dashlane
- Advise and educate internal teams on legal considerations
- 7+ years of experience at a law ﬁrm and/or work as a General Counsel or Associate General Counsel
- Licensed to practice law in New York State
- Experience with contract law and intellectual property
- Practical and business-oriented; seasoned in analyzing risk and business-opportunities
- Experience working with entities across both the US and Europe (particularly France)
- Knowledge of the SaaS start-up space
- Ability to explain legal concepts to non-lawyers
- Flexibility to accommodate diverse interests and needs
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, partnership agreements, content permission/IP licensing agreements, vendor/service provider agreements, real estate leases and equity/debt financing agreements
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris and New York, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.