DashCorps, a DoorDash company, powers best-in-class logistics and management services for local merchants to help their businesses thrive.
About the Team
The DashCorps team is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual, who can comfortably navigate ambiguity, contribute to a team-environment, and help delight customers. If you love getting your hands dirty in a fast paced, start-up environment, are a team player, and want to grow with a great company, we’d love to meet you!
About the Role
Delivery Associates in these roles will work out of DoorDash DashMarts in New York City, and will carry out key functions to support DashMart operations such as processing orders, managing inventory, and delivering orders to customers using an electronic bike (e-bike). DashMart is a new type of retail store that offers grocery items, household essentials, and local restaurant favorites delivered to customers' doorsteps. Customers order their items in the DoorDash app, and Delivery Associates pick, pack, and deliver these orders from actual brick-and-mortar stores. DashMart stores are owned, operated, and curated by DoorDash.
What you’ll do…
- Tech Savvy: Feel comfortable using a computer and navigating through a smartphone app.
- Order Processing & Delivery: Pick orders that come through the shopper app and pack the order for delivery. Safely use an e-bike (which will be provided for you) to deliver the order to the customer. Then return back to the DashMart for additional orders and/or facility operations tasks.
- Inventory & Spoilage Management: Stock receivables and manage inventory, including shelf life.
- Site Organization: Clean and organize the facility.
- Delight Customers: Ensure all substitutions are approved by DashMart customers and their orders are transported and delivered with care.
You’re excited about this opportunity because…
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $75/month)
- Paid time off (PTO) and sick leave
- Build and operate a new business concept with your teammates
Weekly pay at $15/hr plus 100% of tips
We're excited about you because...
- You're self-motivated, positive, and a team player. You work well with others, and you bring a great attitude to your work each and every day. You have high integrity and are excited to delight customers.
- You have a proven track record of success in a delivery/logistics, warehouse, retail, or restaurant environment.
- You’re comfortable using a computer and smartphone apps in day-to-day work.
- You are excited and physically able to lift or pull orders on your feet for a majority of your shift, can safely operate an ebike for the majority of your shift (we provide the ebike and safety training) and are comfortable pulling a cargo wagon if needed. Ability to push, pull, squat, twist, kneel, reach, turn and bend.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs intermittently during a typical work shift
- Ability to meet production and accuracy standards in a fast-paced work environment.
- Successful candidates for this role must pass a bike & alcohol delivery compliance test(s).
- You have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English
- You have flexibility in your schedule. DashCorps provides services seven days a week, from 7 am to 2am.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.