Fleet Supervisor at DashCorps, a DoorDash Company
About DashCorps Services
DashCorps Services, a DoorDash company, is a logistics company that powers deliveries to consumers from DashMart stores in 15 minutes or less. DashMart is a new type of retail store that offers grocery items, household essentials, and local restaurant favorites delivered to customers' doorsteps. DashMart stores are owned, operated, and curated by DoorDash.
About the Team
The Fleet Team at DashCorps Services is looking for a leader who can comfortably navigate ambiguity while spearheading a growing, highly scalable initiative. The Fleet Supervisor is responsible for managing Fleet Specialists and Couriers to ensure team morale is high while meeting / exceeding key metrics. To that end, the Fleet Supervisor plays a pivotal role in setting the standards for the Fleet Team and envisioning new and exciting ways to push towards optimal operational performance.
About the Role
As the Fleet Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading a team of Fleet Specialists and Couriers and ensuring that the on-site Fleet operations at our DashMart warehouse are performing to standards. By working closely with the Dashmart team and other cross-functional teams such as Strategy & Operations, you will play a critical role in setting standards and executing on new initiatives to help drive sustainable growth and more efficient operational processes. If you love leading teams and working in a fast paced, start-up environment, have management and data analysis experience, and are excited to build strong relationships with our Fleet Specialists and Couriers, we’d love to have you join as our Fleet Supervisor.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage a Fleet Team comprised of Fleet Specialists and Couriers and work cross-functionally to ensure we hire / schedule enough Couriers to meet demand
- Put standards and protocols in place to create a safe, collegial and energetic work environment for our Fleet Team
- Serve as the liaison between the Fleet team and the Management team, while also maintaining relationships / communication with other cross-functional teams and third-party vendors (fleet equipment and consumables)
- Work cross-functionality with different stakeholders to envision, execute and maintain new standards and initiatives that can help drive sustainable growth and improve on operational performance
- Leverage data analytics & visualization tools to help inform on decision making
- Have a genuine impact on current and future Dashmart operations
We’re excited about you because you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a human-oriented field (Business, Communications, Psychology, or similar domain), or equivalent operations experience, is a plus
- Have demonstrated strong team leadership and the ability to foster successful relationships
- Prior experience in operations, project management, human resources (HR), communications/public relations, data science, etc
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau, SQL) is a plus
- The creativity to conceive unique and effective projects to improve operational efficiency
- A drive to succeed and contribute to a relatively new and exciting initiative
- The ability to adapt to different situations and make quick, effective decisions under high pressure (bike maintenance knowledge is a plus)
- The flexibility to work within varying time frames depending on scheduling needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.