DAS42 is a boutique consulting firm providing cloud-based data analytics consulting and professional services. We help Fortune 500 companies access and understand all of their data, reduce the time to actionable insights, and empower organizations to make better decisions faster. A diverse team ourselves, we encourage people from all academic, social and demographic backgrounds to explore career opportunities with DAS42.
About the Role
An opportunity is available to join DAS42 as a Delivery Governance (DG) Lead. They will be responsible for helping design and enforce our internal delivery policies and procedures, holding delivery teams to task as they execute, to ensure that we are adhering to our internal controls. This position will report to the Chief Delivery Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Draft new corporate delivery processes, which are based on best practices and sound delivery/ project management methodologies.
- In the vein of continuous improvement, refine and optimize existing delivery processes to ensure lessons learned and evolving best practices are incorporated.
- Meet with project delivery teams to ensure instituted policies and procedures are being followed. This includes issues guidance to the project teams on the assessment of project health and risk.
- Help guide project delivery teams in terms of education and application of the corporate delivery processes.
- Lead training of corporate delivery processes.
- Own the documentation repository, and change/ version control of all delivery-related processes and procedures.
- Work closely with the Chief Delivery Officer, Principal Consultants, and PMO to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, client success, and delivery success.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years proven track-record of execution in a fast-moving, fast-growing environment
- Candidate will have 2+ years experience in DG plus 3 years+ of Project Management experience OR 5+ years of delivery governance experience.
- Extremely sound in the fundamentals of professional services project delivery and Project Management.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent assessments on project team’s performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with good instincts in terms of escalation and best practices.
- Familiarity with data engineering & analytics technology and concepts, incl. Technology solutions in our ecosystem (e.g. Snowflake, AWS, GCP, Azure, Looker, Fivetran, etc.) is preferred.
- Detail-oriented who can also see the larger picture
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Self-motivated to manage action items, with a bias towards action and resolution.
- Experience in a consulting environment in client-facing role strongly desired
- BA/BS degree required
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA) a plus, but not required
- Ability to travel 25% - 50% of the time (COVID- permitting)