DAS42 is a boutique consulting firm providing cloud-based data analytics consulting and professional services. We help Fortune 500 companies access and understand all of their data, reduce the time to actionable insights, and empower organizations to make better decisions faster. A diverse team ourselves, we encourage people from all academic, social and demographic backgrounds to explore career opportunities with DAS42.
About the Role
An opportunity is available to join DAS42 as a Project Manager (PM). The PM will work closely with our clients and, internally, with our Chief Delivery Officer and Team Leads to ensure delivery success. This position will report to the Chief Delivery Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Manage project teams of up to six (6) people.
- Ensure client objectives and requirements are met.
- Accountability for delivering projects on time, within budget and scope.
- Have knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies and ability to manage projects effectively using this approach, including task assignment, sprint planning, and managing to acceptance criteria.
- Identify and help resolve roadblocks, issues and risks, including developing and driving mitigation plans.
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders project status, risks, issues, dependencies, and timeline updates.
- Responsible for proper communication and escalation, where appropriate, to the leadership team to ensure transparency, visibility, and timely resolution of known issues or risks.
- Track progress against predefined milestones.
- Help ensure quality of deliverables.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Work closely with the Chief Delivery Officer to identify scope creep and manage client expectations.
- Help mentor Jr. Project Managers.
What We’re Looking For
- 2-4 years proven track-record of execution in a fast-moving, fast-growing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with good instincts in terms of escalation.
- Proficiency in PM Tools such as Jira, Trello, Smartsheets, and Google Docs.
- Familiarity with data engineering & analytics technology and concepts, incl. the Technology solutions in the ecosystem e.g. Snowflake, AWS, GCP, Azure, Looker, Fivetran, etc. is preferred.
- Detail-oriented manager who can also see the larger picture.
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated to manage action items, with a bias towards action and resolution.
- Experience managing a project team, ideally in a technology or engineering environment.
- Experience in a consulting environment of client-facing role strongly desired.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Advanced degree a plus, but not required.
- PMP a plus, but not required.
- CSM a plus, but not required.
- Ability to travel 25% - 50% of the time (COVID- permitting).