DAS42 is a boutique consulting firm providing cloud-based data analytics consulting and professional services. We help Fortune 500 companies access and understand all of their data, reduce the time to actionable insights, and empower organizations to make better decisions faster. A diverse team ourselves, we encourage people from all academic, social and demographic backgrounds to explore career opportunities with DAS42.
About the Role
An opportunity is available to join DAS42 as an Associate Analytics Consultant. Associate Analytics Consultant applicants are reviewed in two categories, Data Engineering and Operations Research. The Associate Analytics Consultant will work closely with Team Leads to complete client engagements. This person will be a key member of our technical consulting staff and responsible for maintaining high standards across an engagement team. This position will report to a Team Lead.
What You’ll Do
- Guide clients on optimizing their data environment to work most effectively and efficiently for them. Clarify management objectives through data solutions.
- Develop system engineering, integrations, and architectures based on client needs.
- Implement and provide advice on data warehouse solutions, ETL pipelines, and business intelligence reporting tools.
- Develop a data model around stated use cases to capture client’s KPIs and data transformations. Validation and testing of data models.
- Teach technical data modeling concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals.
- Support, maintain, and document clients’ data environments.
- Work within a project management framework to meet objectives, understand scope, and impact of your work across an organization.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (i.e. Statistics or Operations Research) or technical field (i.e. Computer Science or Engineering) and 1 to 2 years of work experience in a data analytics or data engineering role.
- Or, Master’s degree in a quantitative field (i.e. Statistics or Operations Research) or technical field (i.e. Computer Science or Engineering).
- A passion for exploring and solving different kinds of problems.
- A desire to learn and assimilate technical information quickly.
- Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g. git/github, SSH). Knowing how to get around a command line environment.
- Project management (eg. Basecamp, JIRA, ASANA).
- Experience with the AWS, Google Cloud ecosystem (BigQuery, Redshift).
- Experience with business visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI).
- Experience with data warehousing, Snowflake a plus.
- Experience optimizing database/query performance.
- Proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. Python, R, Perl, bash) and advanced SQL.
- Ability to travel 25% - 50% of the time.