As a DarkMatter Embedded Security Engineer, youʼll be developing software in an environment where governments have made strategic commitments to widespread Blockchain implementation across government services, smart-city and other critical infrastructure and the wider economy.
As a Embedded Security Engineer - Blockchain and Identity Management, you will:
- Have the opportunity to work across DarkMatter peer groups that include some of the worldʼs best cryptographers, cryptanalysts and other experts. In a role that operates in a fast-paced and demanding environment, youʼll draw extensively on your creativity. Thereʼs no room for individuals happy to simply follow orders, as you use clean coding practices to test, refactor, and iteratively and incrementally develop constantly improved software.
- Be encouraged to monitor and actively participate in external communities and forums in order to keep abreast of the latest developments, follow the constantly evolving requirements for Blockchain and permissioned ledgers within and across various market sectors, and expand DarkMatterʼs positive presence in these communities.
- Have a careful and critical eye to peer review and debug others code, and also to participate in automated deployments.
- With many of our customers committed to putting all the resources necessary into developing and deploying the latest, most advanced Blockchain, cryptographic and other cyber security technologies, at DarkMatter youʼll have a chance to test your abilities, build your skills, and expand your horizons by designing for ‘impossibleʼ, next-generation projects.
- Enjoy all the cultural, educational and travel opportunities Abu Dhabi offers
Your personal dream could be the world’s reality
At DarkMatter we believe that “impossible is only the beginning.” That’s why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you’ll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we’ll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what’s next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
To bring your dream to life, you’ll need:
- PhD or Master’s degree in Related Security field Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, Information Theory and Mathematics, IT, Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on large software projects (preferably including open-source projects)
- Integration with SQL-based and non-SQL-based databases
- Embedded Linux, baremetal / RTOS development and deployment
- Proven expertise in cryptographic protocols and libraries
- Ability to work with remote developers, leveraging git and other command-line based collaboration technologies
- Comfortable developing with standard *nix toolchains (gcc, clang, perf, make, cmake, ASAN, TSAN, UBSAN)
- Knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic principles, hierarchical key management and identity management schemes
- Familiarity with Financial Technology (FinTech) or related field is an added advantage
- Deep understanding of Hyperledger, Ethereum or other Blockchain community technical issues
- A desire to innovate in the UAE
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we’re innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow’s threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world’s most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we’re looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this “sea” change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we’re turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you’ll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you’ll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you’ll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won’t have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You’ll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.