Role: Lead UX / Experience Planner
Working in partnership with our client, we are looking for a Lead UX Experience Planner to play a pivotal role in our small but growing team.
Our Experience Planners are a joyful collision of UX practitioner, digital strategist, and behavioral scientist. We put audiences at the heart of everything we do, from identifying business opportunities to defining the UI so it's essential you have a keen interest in understanding and influencing human behavior.
We take a holistic approach to digital design, akin to that of a service designer. You will be involved in and/or responsible for nearly every aspect of Dare’s strategic experience design output from conducting formative & evaluative user research, through to strategising & ideating and onto the crafting of experiences that delight audiences and deliver for the business.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You’ve got a strong background in UX, gleaned from working agency or client side, and a passion for creating meaningful, human-centered digital experiences.
You’ll be highly user focused, bringing to bear deep, data driven understanding of audience needs goals and pain points. You’ll be able to turn insight into practical service design and UX recommendations. You’ll be commercially focused, ensuring solutions drive business value. You’ll be a strong team player that enjoys collaboration and constructive debate.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You’ll be joining the Experience Planning team within Dare, reporting to the head of the team, and part of a wider community of OLIVER planners and strategists.
You’ll have the opportunity to work a diverse set of projects with both Dare’s and OLIVER’s clients: from Automotive to Finance and Alcoholic drinks, as well as new business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative user research, alongside 3rd party partners where relevant.
- Confidently running workshops / collaboration sessions and present ideas to a varied audience of stakeholders from senior marketing execs to technical architects and developers (remotely and face-to-face).
- Developing strategies and working effectively with subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure that the digital experience meets the needs of the audience as well as meeting the business objectives.
- Producing appropriate deliverables to bring ideas to life and define the experience for client and internal teams in a simple, easy to understand way. This could include user journeys, site maps, user-flows, wire frames and prototypes.
- Working with designers to scamp and create quick prototypes which bring the experience to life
- Acting as the ‘experience guardian’, making sure every customer interaction is useful, usable, desirable.
- Guiding non-specialist stakeholders through the process, keeping them up to date and on board with what we want to achieve. This will involve great story telling through PowerPoint.
- Keeping up to date with competitors and industry best practice.
- Leading and supporting more junior team members, ensuring all deliverables are up to our high standards.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- You’ll be a voice of authority on UX best practice, with up-to-date knowledge on tools and methodologies.
- You'll be comfortable using the latest tools and applications g., Figma, Miro, Sketch, In Vision, etc
- You’ll be solution focused, getting to answers quickly and collaboratively and juggling your time effectively.
- You’ll be happy embracing the detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- You’ll be a proactive champion of user centered design.
- You’ll be a great communicator – both verbally and in written presentations.
- You’ll be strongly client centric, building trusted relationships. You’ll be motivated by creating great experiences.
- We have designed this as a full-time role, but we are equally happy to consider applicants who would prefer to work a 4-day week.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Dare has an illustrious heritage as one of the UK’s pioneering digital agencies, famous for its creativity, innovative thinking and rigorous strategic approach. We’ve been part of the digital landscape for over 20 years now and are a core part of the Inside Ideas Group, a pioneering company that prides itself on transforming clients' business performance through the use of smarter solutions.
We like to work with clients who not only challenge us but also want to challenge themselves who believe that a customer first approach is the best way to sustainable growth. In partnership with them, we create connected brand experiences from the inside that give businesses an edge and advantage over their competitors.
Our approach is a combination of decision science, design magic and invisible technology. Our unique approach adopts behavioural science principles which we enhance with data, creative flair and strategic marketing capabilities, harnessing technology for business impact, not for its own sake.
We dare to do the right thing - guided by what’s right for our clients, our customers, our people. We think of ourselves as a family and it’s a combination of drive, skill and heart that makes Dare a special place to work. Over the years, we’ve built and collaborated with an impressive portfolio of brands including Diageo, BMW, Nike, Barclays and more. It’s an eclectic mix which means Dare is never dull and we’re always on the hunt for different skills and mindsets to keep our offering fresh.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
Our D&I data is published quarterly on the Dare website and is fully transparent should you wish to review it.