Role: Senior PHP developer
Working in partnership with our client, The PHP Developer will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and its end users, as well as translating UI/UX designs & wireframes to code.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are someone with a strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process, and you are an expert in PHP, with knowledge of at least one PHP web framework
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will be working as a part of a collective of engineers and designers collaborating on a key account for the business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Architecture design of web applications.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements.
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Setting up and maintaining architecture in AWS
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience developing web applications with a strong base in PHP.
- Solid communication skills / soft skills, and attention to detail.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Standard 3rd party API integration and oAuth2.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git or Mercurial.
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Webpack, Gulp, Bundler, grunt, etc.
- Understanding of using Docker as a virtual machine
- Experience of setting up and maintaining architecture AWS including EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, API Gateway
- Experience setting up the CI/CD tool Jenkins
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Dare has an illustrious heritage as one of the UK’s pioneering digital agencies, famous for its creativity, innovative thinking, and rigorous strategic approach. After a few years of hiatus, it is now getting its mojo back, under new leadership from Chris Woodward. Within the Inside Ideas Group, it has the opportunity to act as the ‘strategic nose cone’ helping clients deliver connected brand experiences from the inside.
Dare has always put planning at the heart of its offer, was an early adopter of behavioral science, and pioneered the discipline of Experience Planning. However, with language around ‘customer experience’ now commonplace, we need to make sure that our strategic offer is distinctive, and that it combines strong brand and commercial thinking alongside user experience capabilities.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.